Carnival Liberty

777mjrseb

Planning a cruise for April of 2008 but I can't decide which itinerary would be best... which would you do?

Departs Saturday 4:00pm

Fun Day at Sea

San Juan, Puerto Rico: 5:00pm12:00am

St. Thomas, USVI: 7:00pm6:00pm

Antigua: 7:00am6:00pm

Tortola. BVI: 7:00am3:30pm

Fun Day at Sea

or

Depart Ft.Lauderdale at 4:00pm

Fun Day at Sea

Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00am5:00pm

Fun Day at Sea

Limon, Costa Rica10:00am6:00pm

Colon, Panama7:00am4:00pm

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Arrive Ft.Lauderdale at 8:00am

Thanks anyone who has traveled that ship, would you recommend it.

I think it depends on what you want to do in port. Western has excursions like Mayan ruins and ziplining; Eastern has beaches and shopping. (This is very general, not exclusive - Costa Maya has nice beaches as well, as an example.) Aside from wanting to see Mayan ruins, we liked the extra days at sea on the Western route.

We are doing the Western in March, but did the Eastern on the Liberty. We loved it and loved the ship!! If you like to be on the ship, then the western does have more sea days. We are excited to be cruising her again. We loved the ship and this time around since 4 sea days got an aft balcony!! Which ever you choose, you will be happy and have a good time. Only port we didn't care for was Antigua, but everyone is different and a lot of people love it! Tortola was great!!!

We are doing the Western in March, but did the Eastern on the Liberty. We loved it and loved the ship!! If you like to be on the ship, then the western does have more sea days. We are excited to be cruising her again. We loved the ship and this time around since 4 sea days got an aft balcony!! Which ever you choose, you will be happy and have a good time. Only port we didn't care for was Antigua, but everyone is different and a lot of people love it! Tortola was great!!!

Thanks for the info... I did Puerto Rico Last year and St. Thomas so I'm a little torn on which one, my friends say Eastern I say western hehe :). I prefer sea says... the Valor I did in April felt a little port heavy lol :)

I'm doing the April 26, 2008 Eastern Carib on the Liberty. We just did the 6-day Western on the Liberty and loved it. We're back for more.

I was thinking abut doing the 6 day Liberty but it looks like I will end up on the Imagination. If we decide to do the Eastern Carib we will be on at the same time...

:D I am doing the western Saturday. :D

Have fun!! please let me know how you like it, I'm very intrested to hear about the ports....

i belive you forgot nassau in the top. At leats i think, because i am taking that itinerary june 23rd and nassau is included

but i hate nassau =(

opps I did hehe :D... I'm going to Nassau in Sept... I think I might stay on the ship but I have never been so I think I should check it out on the other hand.:D

We did the Eastern one, your 1st listed, back in Jan. and had a wonderful time. No regrets at all. Heck I'd do it again if someone paid for me & DW. The time in P.R. is a little short but was still good. We did the walking tour of old San Jaun and learned about the history. Funny, as we were heading to go ashore, we met our new friends heading out too and asked what their excursion was. "We're doing the, going to Grandma's house for dinner excursion". He was from P.R. And no they didn't bring us any leftovers!!

Archived