Probably a very stupid question...

BethV114

But what do you do with your wallets, ID's etc. when you go ashore and are planning on going to the beach? I've never been on a cruise, but I'm assuming that you will need to bring some type of a photo ID with you, so what do you do with that and your money if you want to go swimming? I doubt that leaving such things unattended on the beach is a good idea, but what do you do if there are only two of you and (quite understandably, I think) you both want to go in the water at the same time?

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the stupidity, but I just can not figure this out for myself :o

But what do you do with your wallets, ID's etc. when you go ashore and are planning on going to the beach? I've never been on a cruise, but I'm assuming that you will need to bring some type of a photo ID with you, so what do you do with that and your money if you want to go swimming? I doubt that leaving such things unattended on the beach is a good idea, but what do you do if there are only two of you and (quite understandably, I think) you both want to go in the water at the same time?

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the stupidity, but I just can not figure this out for myself :o

Yes, you do need to take your id with you off the ship. We put our ID, ships card and money into a waterproof container that we wear around our neck. That way we can swim and enjoy the water without worrying about the valuables.

I have an AquaPac "Key Safe." Its big enough to hold my ship card, photo id (license), a credit card and some cash and comes with a cord to hang around your neck..

Yes, you do need to take your id with you off the ship. We put our ID, ships card and money into a waterproof container that we wear around our neck. That way we can swim and enjoy the water without worrying about the valuables.

yes these are great...

look for them at a sporting goods store, or water sport store..

we usually get one to fit id's credit card and ship key.

Hello,

J. C. Penney's Saint John's Bay brand) has a men's swimsuit that includes a water proof container for your driver's license and ship pass. This worked very well on our cruise to Mexico in March of 2007.

Yu might want to check sporting goods stores and Brookstone to see what they have.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Hey Phoenix, you're from Phoenix and there are still some honest people out there. Beth is from New York. LOL

That is too true!! I doubt either I or the DH will feel comfortable leaving our ID's, etc. with some "honest people" we find at the beach.:eek: I think I'll take the majority recommendation and go find myself an Aquapac or something similar. Thanks for the info :D

I have the same question as Kiraryker. I am thinking about a solo cruise to the Bahama's and am worried about my camera at the beach, and at the pool on board.

Also, If I am off ship, wouldn't I need the real passport and not a copy to get back on? Don't they have to check it in the Bahamas'?

G

Archived