Port Cancellation on Constellation

chriswal2

I am currently booked on the Constellation 10 day New England cruise departing from New York Oct 1st, 2004.I was informed last week that Bar Harbor, ME was eliminated from the itinerary and another day at sea was added because of port congestion. That means only 4 ports on a 10 day cruise.Has anyone been to Bar Harbor and how congested is the harbor normally? Would love some feedback!

Chriswal

Guest THE EDS

icon_rolleyes.gifI AM ALSO BOOKED ON THE OCT 1 NEW ENGLAND CRUISE AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT WHY BAR HARBOR WAS CANCELLED WITH NO SUCCESS I FINALLY HAVE AN ANSWER YES I HAVE BEEN IN BAR HARBOR IT IS LOVELY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THEY MEAN BY PORT CONGESTION SHIPS ARE ANCHORED AND THEN PASSENGERS TENDERED THERE ARE MANY FISHING BOATS IF THAT IS WHAT THEY MEAN I ALSO BELIEVE OTHER LINES HAVE HAD THAT PORT CANCELLED I FINALLY HAVE AN ANSWER BUT I'M NOT SURE OF THE VALIDITY HAVE BEEN THERE ITS THE OCEAN HOW CONGESTED CAN IT GET?????????

THE EDS

Guest THE EDS

From this old fuddie duddie I will certainly take your advice under advisement. I hope my using punctuation explains why Bar Harbor has been cancelled????? icon_rolleyes.gif

• 3 months later...

Was there last year with 2 ships in port. There is limited tender space, so I'm suspecting that could be the reason for congestion. While there is plenty of room around Bar Harbor, it seems like there was only room for 1 or maybe 2 tenders to dock at a time.

We will be in Bar Harbor 9/12 on the Jewel of the Seas. Our itinerary says we are docked. If we were to be tendered it would say that on the itinerary. I am wondering why some ships are docked and some tendered? Is the Jewel smaller than the Constellation? (I know I could look this up, but I'm just too lazy)

We are on the Galaxy out of Baltimore 9/27. We found out quite a while ago that Bar Harbor port was being cancelled and Martha's Vineyard was being substituted. Within the past 2 weeks another change. Now instead of Martha's Vineyard we are going to Boston. Also, our time in Halifax has been shortened considerably. No reason given.

How are you getting the most recent info. We are booked onthe 9/20 Constellation. Have already lost Bar Harbour & would not want to see any other changes..Did you hear via your TA, was it posted or should we call Celeb directly to dbl ckheck?

We are scheduled to be in Bar Harbor on Oct. 4th. We are sailing on the Regal Princess. So far, no changes have been indicated. Our itinerary does not indicate that we are being tendered, so I was assuming we would dock. Does anyone know if my assumption is correct? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Tapper-We are just off the 9-11 sailing of the Regal. You will love the ship and I think the itinary is so fantastic. Anyway, you do tender in Bar Harbor it is a short tender ride. You also tender in Newport. You will love the ports Bar Harbor was one of my favorite. Have a wonderful cruise if you have any questions I'll try and answer them for you.

I am really sorry for those of you that won't be stopping in Bar Harbor it is a wonderful port. But I'm sure you'll have a great time on your cruises anyway.

Bon Voyage

We will be in Bar Harbor 9/12 on the Jewel of the Seas. Our itinerary says we are docked.

Our itinerary does not indicate that we are being tendered, so I was assuming we would dock. Does anyone know if my assumption is correct?

Not correct.

TTBOMK, I’m not aware of any cruise ship docking at Bar Harbor. The town dock is just too small to handle a vessel of the size of a cruise ship. Here is a link to a pic of Bar Harbor taken from Cadillac Mt with 2 cruise ships at anchor.

http://www.geocities.jp/taihaku_03/sightseeing/northeast/003_Bar_Harbor_ME.jpg

SBtS

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women

-- Cpt Quint of The Orca, Amity, USA

I’m not sure my original link is working properly, so try this one:

http://*****.com/5q4av

If that doesn’t work, do a GOOGLE Image search on BAR HARBOR ME (exactly);

The pic you are looking for is the first pic in the second row of the first page;

Click on the pic which will send you to another page;

Scroll down until you see the same pic on the left and click on it to enlarge.

SBtS

Archived