Ketchikan, what excursion would you recommend???

am57

Originally posted by CaribbeanCrazy:

copperpenny, Genessa, Jolimont and razman,

It looks like were all in the same boat icon_smile.gif

Luckily were not all in the same

plane icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

CaribbeanCrazy

LOL!

Just out of curiousity, do any of you have any problems with your ears when flying? I did until I started using one of those ear plane products and believe it or not, it helps calm me a little. Just enough so that complete strangers aren't offering assistance icon_eek.gif

I'm still petrified of flying, but am not in additional physical discomfort while we are doing it.

Sometimes I think I should take flying lessons, to counteract the loss of control, but I'm too scared icon_wink.gif

What is the ear plane product? My ears kill me when flying. I thought my eardrums were bursting last year when we flew to FL.

For those considering the float plane into Misty Fjords, I have done that. It was absolutely fantastic. I think the incredible beauty will distract you completely from your fears. I say go for it.

Sapphire Princess Inaugural

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pamwinn:

What is the ear plane product? My ears kill me when flying. I thought my eardrums were bursting last year when we flew to FL.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have trouble equalizing my ears when we drive over the Verrazano Bridge icon_smile.gif and a few times when I flew I was in agony with my ears. It's worse if my nose is stuffed up. I heard about them on a commercial. I think the name of the one I bought was called EarPlane. I purchased it in one of our local drugstores, Duane Reede. They had at least two different sizes. I bought the small - called children's icon_wink.gif . They are one time use, but I'm afraid since I didn't know how well or if they were going to work I only bought two pair. On the way out to Alaska, despite taking off and landing 3 times I used one pair for all three flights.

You have to "clear" your ears first and then insert one in each ear before take off. Once the plane has reached steady altitude, you can remove them. I only rememoved them on the 5 hour leg of our flight. First two legs were shorter and I left them in.

Your hearng is slightly diminished while wearing them, but the full amount of diminishment is less than the amount of hearing loss when I don't wear them. Plus, within about 5 minutes of landing, I feel great. No jaw cracking for half a day.

I did re-use the one pair, disinfecting them first, and they seemed to work okay, but I will buy more before my next plane flight.

Not being in pain with my ears definitely helps me feel less frantic when flying.

I have allergies so bad and hated to fly because it's painful for me going up and coming down. I'm fine once I get to the flying altitude. I read about the earplugs in my allergy magazine and bought them for my last two flights. No problems!! They are great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by damerch:

I have allergies so bad and hated to fly because it's painful for me going up and coming down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also have sinus problems, but usually take a decongestant the day of the flight (in addition to regular meds). Something over the counter just to help clear things up a little before the flight and usually dont have problems.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Ryndam Pacific Coastal May 3

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;17;21;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Dawn Princess Alaska May 17

Archived