church on explorer

When we were on the Explorer last year, we too were unsure about services... turned out there was a nondenominational service early on Sunday morning. Not knowing this ahead of time my wife checked with the pursers deck and reserved the little chapel at the top of the ship for a prayer group.... gladly there were 20-30 people show up for our study and more than that for the service

My mother in-law attended the service on the ship every cruise. Its nondenominational and there has been one on every cruise she has taken so far. I think there is one on every ship.

Check the Cruise Compass each day, or ask at Guest Relations as soon as you board. I missed the service because I didn't know ahead of time - would have loved to have gone.

I did attend a non-denom service on Vision a few years back; only a handful of people showed up, but God was still there. :D

Are they on all the ships?

Not always. If RCI can get a pastor or priest, there will be services. The problem is often people can't leave their parishes. Sometimes there might be a retired clergy on board. ...and sometimes, there are none. On the Brilliance there was a sign-up in the library for services. I know there were pastors on board our cruise (I'm one) but we were on vacation and preferred to hide out, I think.

CHeck with the purser's desk when you get on board. If there is no one, you can arrange to lead a small prayer group yourself, or there may be someone else who will.

This question comes up often., so obviously services are important to travellers. I'm still wondering why the cruise lines don't provide a full-time chaplain on the ship - for both passengers and crew. It would be a lot easier than trying to find someone for each cruise.

Fran in Toronto

Not always. If RCI can get a pastor or priest, there will be services. The problem is often people can't leave their parishes. Sometimes there might be a retired clergy on board. ...and sometimes, there are none. On the Brilliance there was a sign-up in the library for services. I know there were pastors on board our cruise (I'm one) but we were on vacation and preferred to hide out, I think.

CHeck with the purser's desk when you get on board. If there is no one, you can arrange to lead a small prayer group yourself, or there may be someone else who will.

This question comes up often., so obviously services are important to travellers. I'm still wondering why the cruise lines don't provide a full-time chaplain on the ship - for both passengers and crew. It would be a lot easier than trying to find someone for each cruise.

Fran in Toronto

And, Fran they could hire us! I know how much you like the Brilliance. I'd be happy with one of the other Radiance Class ships. :D

Archived