IA vs IS cabin?

knighthawke

My wife and I are planning to book a cruise with Carnival for the 21st on the Miracle. Based on all we've heard from here it seems like a fun ship for sure! :) We live in NJ so NY is great!

Anyway, my question is.....what is really the difference between reserving a GUAR cabin in IA vs a GUAR Cabin in IS category?? The difference in cost is that IA is $100 cheaper which helps but what else is at risk since they are both GUAR cabins?

This will be our third cruise...and I must say we have been spoiled by our first two on HAL (both dam ships) :)

thanks!

the main differnece is the 1A has bunk beds......1 regular bed and the other a bunk........great for kids and singles........but not much for DH and DW...since you have been used to HA........I would say splurge the $100 and go for the beds that are twins and can be pushed together.....

AH........thought so but was not sure. Yup......still very much in love with the lady so I'll definitely go with the IS :)

Was confused because of t he quote I got from cruisequick described category 1A as "Inside - Two Lowers" but I DEFINITELY do not want bunk beds.

Im almost positive all the 1A cabins on the Spirit class ships have 2 beds that can be pushed together, rather than bunk beds. Plus there are only 5 1A cabins on the entire ship, so most that book 1A Guar in Spirit class end up with 4A or better.

Archived