When will you be sailing on Windstar?

Joanandjoe

The three Windstar ships hold around 600 passengers, so we're too small for specific roll calls. Let's see if some of us can connect with our shipmates through the Windstar board. State your ship and cruise dates, and maybe you'll find some new friends.

As is obvious from our other postings, we'll be on the Wind Surf on the 11/7 and 11/14/04 Mediterranean sailings. We believe that GracieAtTara will be on our first cruise: if so, please log in. Others should log in regardless of whether they're on our cruise or others. ;)

We are doing back to backs from Istanbul to Athens, then Athens to

Rome. We have 8 of us on the first week then pick up 4 more for the 2nd.

Really looking forward to some great ports.

Last sailed with the Wind Song 12 yrs ago. Have cruised alot, but Windstar

is my all time favorite. especially with the new mega ships coming aboard.

Anyone else on this sailing??

ccrider

Joanandjoe, Glad to hear you decided on Windstar! You are correct that we will be on the 11/7 cruise. I'll send you an email and we can begin some discussions about the trip. It will be nice to share our fist Windstar cruise with a fellow CC member. Perhaps we will find other members over the next couple of months that will be on board as well. Talk to you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on the Wind Surf, Jan 6, St. Thomas to Cozumel. What a great way to start the year. This will be our eighth sailing on ships of Windstar. Also considering the Wind Surf, June 30, Athens to Rome. We have covered the Med from Istanbul to Lisbon on Windstar ships, so if you have questions, just ask.

jimlssi, we have a posting on the Europe ports of call board asking for advice on what to do in St. Florent, Porquerolles, Sete and Portimao. If you have any suggestions, please post them on that board. Suggestions for Ibiza, Palma, Malaga and Marseille would also be appreciated on this board (possibly on Mousemeat's thread about Barcelona to Rome). Thanks.

We will be on the New Year's cruise on Wind Surf also. Full of nervous anticipation. Not sure what to expect, this is our first cruise. After reading all the posts in this forum, we just knew it had to be Windstar. Seems like a romantic way to celebrate 10 year anniversary.:D

You will have a great time and what a great way to celebrate your anniversary! I am having fun just looking forward to our cruise. Let mek now if I can answer any questions for you. Just remember, it is low key...my favorite part. Crew is GREAT! Food was GREAT! I kknow some thngs change but I do prefer WindStar line vs larger ones. Much more personal!

cobol-pat and corbes, we will also be on the Windstar on 11/26, sailing round French Polynesia (first trip there). I have to pinch myself when I say that, still sounds like a dream to me! :p It will be a nice change from the post-Thanksgiving cold-turkey-and-shopping routine...

This will be our second Windstar trip -- we were on the Windsong from Istanbul to Athens in October '01, and just loved it.

We are doing the Wind Surf cruise from Malta to Rome on 24 October, anybody else on this sailing?

This will be our first time on Windstar, we did a Seabourn cruise earlier in the year and have previously done a caribbean cruise on Star Clipper and would be interested in anybody's comments on how these cruise lines compare

Joan & Joe, Porquelloes is a amall port, an opportunity to scuba dive ( my husband says very diferent from the Caribbean). Little else. Sete is a colorful port with a canal running through town. Don't buy the wine from the fellow who pulls it from the barrel!

Portamao is a pretty town. Nice shopping. Ibiza is great! Beautiful Cathedral, lots to see.

Ditto Palma- a really favorite place- I want to go back! We probably should have taken a tour here, but there was so much to do. We did the cathedral and bought pearls for everybody! Would have loved going to Chopin's retreat, but too little time. Malaga- we did the Alhambra, a must do if you have not done so!. Marseille has a beautiful sunset over the cathedral from the deck of the ship. We did walk around, shopped. but it is a dirty city. Take a tour if offered. We had a great time!

Great ideas, jimlssi. It sounds as if we need a tour for the places you mention only in Palma, Malaga, and Marseille. I've been to the Alhambra (in 1966, 7 months before I met Joan), Joan hasn't. We might even do different things that day. As of now, Windstar doesn't list any excursions for Porquerolles.

Neal,

Where are you coming from? I have a group coming from Seattle,

Los Angeles, and Baltimore that will be meeting in Istanbul for a couple of

days, then on to the ship. Weather looks preety good right now. Have you

saided with Windstar before?

• 4 weeks later...

Been on Windstar back in 98 on the Greek Isle Signature Cruise for our honeymoon. Talk about a magical voyage!! Signed up on this one as both my wife and I are recreational divers. She thinks that we are spending a week in Cozumel at an all-inclusive resort. Keeping the lid on this will be very difficult as she is a notorious snooper.

As a note: If you hunt around on the internet, there are $100 p/p Shipboard credits which is better than the $50 p/p that Windstar is offering Foremast Club members. Also if you are PADI-Certified, you can give your c-card number to your travel agent and can get a $75.00 p/p dive credit.

I will accept as payment a glass of wine with you if you didn't know about these offers :p

As the 20th is a "Signature Voyage", the wine won't set you back at all (at least, the table wine) as it, soft drinks and beer are included..

The ship is great, ports-o-call are fantastic, but what really makes a voyage memorable is the friends you uncover...

Let the countdown begin!!! ;)

Just booked for the November 19, 2005 Wind Star - Barbados to Costa Rica through the Panama Canal. Hoping everything will work out that we'll be able to keep the reservation and go on the cruise.

I've been through the Panama Canal before, but my S.O. has not. I keep telling him it's something one has to do, at least once in a lifetime. Hopefully (economy picking up will help) he will be able to experience it.

Boy, a year is going to be a long time to wait.

Billteer, New Year's Eve at sea with Windstar is GREAT!!! We did it last year and had a great time. Who needs Time Square and a ball falling when you can have a ships bell ringing in the year. Enjoy.

Jackie

Archived