Royal Family Suite on Explorer Balcony

I was looking at pictures of the room and this is the picture of the RFS balcony. http://images17.fotki.com/v325/photos/4/45949/3748041/catFS_VYEXAD_060705_019-vi.jpg

From the picture it looks like it juts out so the balconies on deck 10 can look right at us and that there is a walking track or something with a railing on the other side of deck 10 that can also look down. Does this mean there is no privacy on the balcony? Also how is the view of the water. I assume you can see a good deal of ocean but I would think if I look down I see the people on their balconies on deck 8.

Please tell me I will love this balcony. I'm used to midship when we cruise and love watching the flying fish and seeing the ship cutting through the water. I would have never gone aft but we are a family of 5, didn't want to be split up and last year the RS (which is in the perfect location) didn't work for that many people.

We are booked in a RFS on the VOyager in June, 2008 to the Western Med. I too would prefer midship balcony, but the price was too good to pass up. The few replies I received from people on my post about the RFSs was positive. We are on Deck 9. I think I heard that the RFSs on the lower decks had some blocked views b/c of the superstructure jutting out.

We had the RFS#8694 on the AOS in JAN. and we loved the balcony--- Yes they are able to see about half your deck from above but it was no big deal to us-- Just like having neighbors to say good morning to and that is only if they are right up to the rail-- balcony is huge-- We had seven people on it and there was room for more-- Great to watch the wake of the ship--Enjoy it !!!! HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL

From the looks of that picture it looks as though this is an aft cabin? Yes, deck above you can look down. And the other "walkway" you are refering to that jets out is not a walkway but a part of the superstructure of the back of the ship. No one walks there.

From the looks of that picture it looks as though this is an aft cabin? Yes, deck above you can look down. And the other "walkway" you are refering to that jets out is not a walkway but a part of the superstructure of the back of the ship. No one walks there.

Yes, it's a aft and you are right it's the superstructure the OP sees. The only ones that could walk out there would be a crew member for possible maintenance. It's not open to passengers. Many people love the afts and they remain one of the most popular areas to book on the Explorer but it's up to the OP if she'll like it or not. :)

Thank you, I'm so relieved to know that isn't a walking path. We ate in Windjammers a good many times last year and I always loved that view. I convinced myself that it was the same view and it would be wonderful but to see the lack of privacy and the obstructions I started to panic. I know I will love the cruise no matter what. We just love the balcony and spend so much time there. Who knows maybe I will come back thinking aft is the way to go.

Archived