Just booked HI - port of Miami

kathyemma

I love this board - didn't have to post any ?'s - but was able to decide to stay at the holiday inn - port of miami. Some of the reviews on trip advisor weren't that great - but I really doing for the view! My dd and I are sailing on the liberty in Nov and I am bringing a friend of mine who has NEVER been on a cruise. So, I really want him to be able to see the port in the morning with all the ships.

Thanks for all the info!

Kathy

PS Just booked air with jetblue - pretty good prices, i think it was 260 r/t from washington dulles to fll - direct.

If you can, try to request a bayview room on or above the 5th floor to get the best view possible.

We have stayed there with our DD's a few years back and we were completely satisfied with the facility and having Bayside Marketplace (http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/) across the street was perfect for us; multiple restaurant choices, entertainment, and face painting for the girls. It worked out perfectly and getting a cab to the pier was a piece of cake.

Have a GREAT trip!

Eric

to cab it or make my uncle pick me up and drive me (he lives in FLL).

Kathy

Kathy, If your uncle can't drive you try the shared ride shuttle available through Tri-County Airport Express. For $18 per person they'll take you to the HI POM. A cab would run between $75-$85.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

if my uncle can't do it - will definitly look into the shuttle!

And for the hotel - i did request a room high up with a view of the pier - they wrote it down, but said they couldn't guarantee it.

Kathy

We just stayed there in APril and found it to be clean,very convienent to Bayside and perfect for an overnight. This is the second time we have stayed there. This time we were a group of 33 no complaints here. Next time in NOv we have decided to stay at South Beach for a change. One thing is make sure you bring your AAA card as they will ask for it if you are down for a discount... also if you are a Priority member you get 5.00 off of breakfast. You can join on line at their website.

• 2 weeks later...

I am staying at the Holiday Inn at the port of Miami for a cruise June 30th. Does anyone, who stayed there, know if they can store your luggage for you if you arrive before check in. We have an early flight on the 29th. Also,is it close to walk to the bayside marketplace, or do you need a cab?

I stayed there in March and thought it was great. No complaints. I was on the 5th floor overlooking Bayside and the ships. I thought the band playing at bayside would get on my nerves, but it stopped at midnight.

When I went to check in they had me on the second floor and I asked if possible could they move me up. No problem they did it.:D

Breakfast was great.:)

The cabs over to the pier where right in front. The driver was not a happy camper (Its such a short run for him) He was not a pleasent person. I am sorry I did tip him at all. I told him when we got out of the cab that i hoped his day would get better. He just grunted.:mad:

Linda

I'm trying to get it for February - no availabilty!:mad:

Holiday Inn sells out almost every weekend in the winter cruising /vacationing season. We booked our Jan stay back in Feb. Now it's sold out. You could try for cancellation openings closer to the date, but book some refundable hotel now as things really are tightening up. Costs, too, will be high in Feb.

Holiday Inn sells out almost every weekend in the winter cruising /vacationing season. We booked our Jan stay back in Feb. Now it's sold out. You could try for cancellation openings closer to the date, but book some refundable hotel now as things really are tightening up. Costs, too, will be high in Feb.

Thanks for the advice. I am probably going to book a hotel this weekend - it just won't be the HI. I called and asked if they waitlisted people and the answer was no.:mad:

Archived