Luggage in S.F.

We will be cruising out San Francisco next month, and will probably take the ferry from Larkspur over then a taxi to the pier. My question is if we get there early and want to go over to pier 39 or just walking around a while before boarding is there some place at the pier to store out luggage or will we need to check in and take to our state room, if we do can we come back off the ship. Thank you

5/6 Regal Princess/ San Francisco
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;6;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

I didn't get any input on this question so am bumping it up to see if anyone can give me any. Thank you

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;6;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Although I've never cruised from SF - in my experience, I've always given my luggage to the porters at the curb, with an appropriate tip. I wouldn't think it would be a problem to do this and then walk to Pier 39. Your luggage will be delivered to your stateroom later that day along with everyone else's. You don't have to bring all your luggage on yourself. You would only have to deal with your carry-on bags for the time before your allowed to board.

Monarch 11/97
Elation 8/98
Mercury 8/00
Maasdam 7/02
Grand Princess 7/03
Island Princess 7/04

To continue, if you've never cruised before, you drop off your luggage with the porters outside before you check in with the agents inside. I always keep my carry on luggage - i.e. fragile stuff, meds, glasses, valuables, etc. with me like I would on an airplane. Its kind of like curbside check in at the airport. If you are going on Princess - the embarkation process is very smooth. Hope this helps. Have a wonderful trip.

Thanks for your response. I have cruised before but had to fly to the port and everything was taken care of by the cruise ship personal. That is great to be able to give my luggage to porters and walk around awhile. I hope I have my cabin number by then. If I don't get one by the time sail will it still get to the right room with my name and ship. Thank you again.

Archived