Carnival Open Bar and Wine Program

Has anyone ever had the opportunity to buy the Open bar and Wine program? I will be cruising on Carnival Cruise lines in June 2007, and our groups travel agent offered this to us. It sounds like a great deal. But no one we know has ever used this before. It is a total of $200 for the program, which comes out to $40 a day, and i know that My Fiance' and I will spend more than that per day on alcohol..... So if anyone has any information on this it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!

found this online............

Open Bar and Wine Program includes open bar and wine at all bars (bottled wine service for dinner). Inclusive of Gratuities. Open Bar and Wine Program will include all beers, malt beverages, liquors, sodas, small bottles of water, and non-alcoholic beverages priced at or below $7.50. A selection of fine wines by the glass consisting of sparkling wine, white zinfandel, white wine, and red wine will be offered at all bar locations. All bottled wines served in the main dining room with dinner will be selected at the discretion of Carnival with both red and white wines being offered each night. Open Bar and Wine Program is exclusive of drinks over the price of $7.50; any wine by the glass other than those offered in the program; souvenir glass drinks; bottle sales of liquor, wine and/or champagne; large bottles of natural spring water; in-cabin mini bars and/or any other in-cabin beverage program; beverages or drinks ordered through room service; cigars; cookbooks and/or bar books; coffee and/or food items from the Coffee Shop Café; and any retail purchases or service charges. FULL DETAILS on this program are sent at time of booking.

Well I believe it has to be a group of 30 adults, but there is an alternative to people who are non-drinkers(AA, pregnant, etc.) but you must have approval, from carnival for these instances. and it is 200 per person. But still sounds pretty great to me!!! Considering my last room bill was over $700.00 just for myself....

My TA does an all inclusive cruise several times a year. When I wasked her about it she told me its about $40 per day/per person day or $280 per person for a 7 day cruise. There is a minimumof 30 people in the group to be able to get this special. If you do not have 30 people they will not offer the all inclusive. It inclues most drinks and wine under $7.50 in price and I think it includes the gratuity. If you have a TA that you deal with regulary call an ask them for more details. I have been thinking about it, but haven't tried it yet.

I assume the group has to book together? The amount of people I've already "met" on my roll call is way over 30. I think I already know the answer which is that does not count since we didn't book together, sigh.

I assume the group has to book together? The amount of people I've already "met" on my roll call is way over 30. I think I already know the answer which is that does not count since we didn't book together, sigh.

You have to be booked as a group, officially... and everyone in the group has to purchase the package...

Well, I actually have the paper work for the program in front of me and it really does sound good. My concern is "can it be to good to be true?" I can drink a good bit of alcohol as well as my Fiance', our main concern is will we be cut off once we reach a certain dollar limit, or is it unlimited??? And it is for drinks that are $7.50 or less. So does anyone know the actual $ amounts for mixed drinks (whether it be top shelf or not) and for the beer (any brand)?

Asley can you post a link to the information please???

the info I have is from our travel agent, i assume she got it from Carnival's website, but i have looked several times for the info and cannot find anythin. But someone posted they got some info from a website on this maybe they can help you, i belive it is the #2 post on this thread... Sorry that i cannot help out!! but if i get any more infor i will be sure to post it!!!

My TA does an all inclusive cruise several times a year. When I wasked her about it she told me its about $40 per day/per person day or $280 per person for a 7 day cruise. There is a minimumof 30 people in the group to be able to get this special. If you do not have 30 people they will not offer the all inclusive. It inclues most drinks and wine under $7.50 in price and I think it includes the gratuity. If you have a TA that you deal with regulary call an ask them for more details. I have been thinking about it, but haven't tried it yet.

Does everyone in your group have to sign up or do you just have to be traveling with a group?

How much for a budlight and a rum and coke??

If you email carnival and ask them (there is a place on there website to do this) they will email you a drink menu with prices-very helpful!

Does everyone in your group have to sign up or do you just have to be traveling with a group?

Everyone in the group has to do it... they have made exceptions but you have to get approval. Sometimes it is better to just have those that don't want to do it sign up for it, and have othes in the group pitch in to pay them back... at least, that is what I would do :p I could pay 4 peoples way and still pay less than I would on my bar tab :o

Archived