Carnival Open Bar and Wine Program

Yeah I would love this plan as well and it would be a GREAT platinum perk to be able to choose!!!!! We met a guy who had this plan on one of our cruises. He went to one bar and got a drink and then another bar and got a drink and then brought them to us for keeping him company at a bar. LOL Yeah he must have run a nice tab!

Yeah I would love this plan as well and it would be a GREAT platinum perk to be able to choose!!!!! We met a guy who had this plan on one of our cruises. He went to one bar and got a drink and then another bar and got a drink and then brought them to us for keeping him company at a bar. LOL Yeah he must have run a nice tab!

<<""He went to one bar and got a drink and then another bar and got a drink and then brought them to us for keeping him company at a bar. LOL Yeah he must have run a nice tab!"">>

Donnica:

Our group had quite a "following" due to this;) I was able to go up to the bar with my Gf's and my card and order drinks for both of us. They had no idea where the drinks were going to. They only made sure that equal amounts per card were served.

Some people in our group bought drinks for other people this way using their spouses or Significant other's bar card. Is this right or wrong? I never did it. So there is my opinion.

I, myself only did it this way when it was for me and my GF to save one of us a trip to the bar.

I have agroup of 44 cabins so far.Does that mean every cabin booked with this group would have to get involved? getting thirty people out of the group would be easy..But not all the cabins..

Does anyone know?

thanks,

Carla

I have agroup of 44 cabins so far.Does that mean every cabin booked with this group would have to get involved? getting thirty people out of the group would be easy..But not all the cabins..

Does anyone know?

thanks,

Carla

YES... EVERYONE in the group has to participate *other than kids*.... whoever your group is booked with will set it up with Carnival... but everyone has to participate, no exceptions.

I just got the paperwork for our group. Everyone must participate, if you are 21 or over you buy the alcohol card, if you are under drinking age you buy a soda card. Soda card prices are different for different age groups also.

I have one couple that is in their 70's...they don't want the alcohol card but want the soda card. I have one couple that will miss the age cut off, one by less than a month and the other one by 3 months...I wonder if they can all swap cards?

I have one couple that is in their 70's...they don't want the alcohol card but want the soda card. I have one couple that will miss the age cut off, one by less than a month and the other one by 3 months...I wonder if they can all swap cards?
It would be pretty funny if the age of the person pops up :eek:

Do you have to book through carnival to be a part of this program? My PVP knew nothing about this... Is a group booking considered 8 people in 4 cabins or 8 cabins?

I pretty sure you can book with a TA or go through the Carnival group dept. You would need to have 30 people to even qualify for the group, with all participating.

• 1 month later...

I returned from my cruise on July 5, 2007, and i just wanted to let everyone know that the Open Bar and Wine Program is the Best thing ever. We had Free unlimited wine every night at dinner, a choice between red and white or blush. it was different every night. We did not have any problems with any ordering of alcohol. The bartenders remembered our card #'s and everyone that was in our group. Most of the time we did not even need to show our cards. you just order you drink and they give you a receipt with a 0.00 total on it. The only thing that we tried to order and couldn't was the bucket of beer..........Ahhh ha..but there is a catch. If you can get 4 people in your group with a card to give you there cards you can order 4 beers and ask them to put it in a bucket for you. we did that several times, and it does not enable any of the 4 card holders to turn around and order a drink right after. One day my fiance and i sat at the bar on the lido deck and tried all of the beer on display. it was a great day. i would have to say that the next time i cruise i will hustle to get 30 people to join me so that i can get the open bar card again. it is more than worth it (40.00 dollars a day) We had absolutely no problems with using the card. The drinks in our room were included, and all soft drinks, water alcohol. ect were included. They would even let my dad get a double shot of whatever he was drinking on a particular day. and that was more than 7.50, but they did not tell him no, and they were not any over charges. No one in our group of about 45 had any trouble at all. Well maybe waking up in the mornings from all the unlimited alcohol. If anyone has any questions just ask. and hustle to get a group of 30 to qualify for the open bar card you wont regret it.....

I am so glad to hear that you loved the cards....we are on the Fantasy next month and got the cards....we are pretty excited about them...oh the money I will save!!!

Were you guys able to get the drink of the day's in the souvenir glasses?

• 2 weeks later...

No, the drink of the day was not available in the souviner glass, you could either pay for the drink in the souvinere glass the first time and then have it refilled on the drink card for free, or if you are really not into the glass, you could just get the drink of the day in a regular glass. that is what i would do. the regular size glass is a perfect size so that your drink does not get waterd down to quickly, because you will finish it first.

the drink card is the best investment you can possibly make.(if you are a drinker) We all loved it sooooo much.

Thanks Ashley for all the information...very helpfull!!!! We have alot of newbies and they want the souvenir glass, I can't blame them for that, I have a bunch at my house!!

Our group is very excited about the card, this will be my cheapest cruise ever...my sail and sign account will be almost empty...haha

We have 28 days till we sail!!!!

For those who have meetings set up on roll calls.. you can set up a 1 hour cocktail party onboard for 11.44 per person which features an open bar and cold snacks.

Someone has to be in charge of collecting the money from each person= and your agent must go through carnival to book the cocktail party.

This is not something you are able to do youself.

Other programs are available-- like 2 hours open bar with hot and cold horderves.. (that was way too much)

Don't expect to see this offered to non-group passengers regardless of platimum status or not. As others have pointed out, the possibility of fraud is huge. The reason everyone in the group MUST buy into the program is that it limits the fraud -- who cares if someone "buys" a drink for another group member? But if you have a group of 30 with only 10 buying into the program you're bound to have at least some of those 10 "buying" drinks for their friends.

It's the same reason why it will never be offered to non-group passengers. Two couples traveling together with only one buying the card and you might as well figure that the other three will be getting at least some of their drinks for free.

This is a group offered thing? I have a group going in November 2008. Do you buy this from your TA or Carnival?

if you have at least 30 adults booked with the same agent-- its done with the agent- all that kind of stuff will go through the agent that booked your groups cruise.

see ya doing vegas-- have you been there?

if you have at least 30 adults booked with the same agent-- its done with the agent- all that kind of stuff will go through the agent that booked your groups cruise.

see ya doing vegas-- have you been there?

Yes I went for the first time two weeks ago. My brother lives out there. I loved it. Although the heatwave was HOT, lol. I can not wait to go back!

Yes I went for the first time two weeks ago. My brother lives out there. I loved it. Although the heatwave was HOT, lol. I can not wait to go back!

We are going in February- I dont think I could do it in the Summer though.

Archived