Fantasy Questions?

I have a few questions any answers will be greatly appreciated:

1. Can the 2 twin sized beds in the cabins be turned into 1 bigger bed?

2. Is there a Formal night, and if so what is appropriate for the not so dressy kind of people?

3. Can the men wear jeans to dinner?

4. What excursions are the best for Coasta Maya?

5. Does anyone have any pictures or links to pictures from the fantasy or Coasta Maya?

thanks to all who reply!!!:D

I am not as seasoned as some, but I do know that the twin beds will make a biggger bed. AND they are very comfy. Yes, there is a formal night. I am not the dressy kinda person either. I have worn a dressy-dress in the past. Black of course. Not really semi-formal but almost. Hopefully that makes sense. Men are not allowed to wear jeans in the dining room, however I beleive that I have heard that some will. But the answer is no. Not suppose to. I think the people look great dressed on formal nights and all other nights. But for us....we dress up for work everyday. On my cruise....give me tennis shoes. But, at the same time.... we will abide by the rules. No idea about excursions and no pictures. When are you cruising?

2. Is there a Formal night, and if so what is appropriate for the not so dressy kind of people?

5. Does anyone have any pictures or links to pictures from the fantasy or Coasta Maya?

Ashley, you can find tons of pics if you do a search for Costa Maya at www.webshots.com.

Where in LA. are you from?

There is one "formal" night, and thats coat and tie for the guys, dresses for the ladies. And it doesn't kill anyone to follow the rules, and actually makes for a nice time. I'm sure they'll bend the rules for people, but it sucks when people KNOW the rules and then just go right ahead and break 'em, and then THEY complain because they VOLUNTARILY go to the place that has the rules they don't like (is that on a cruise, or society in general these days? Hmmmmmmmm........).

The beds are AWESOMELY comfortable, and can be made into one. Easy!

HAVE FUN!

If you search this thread for" Fantasy Only" you will find lots of questions answered for the Fantasy. We are booked on the July 5th sailing. I found the post ever so helpful.:D

If you search this thread for" Fantasy Only" you will find lots of questions answered for the Fantasy. We are booked on the July 5th sailing. I found the post ever so helpful.:D

thanks, that is our return date!!!

Many ladies choose not to be 'strictly formal' and wear nice dresses or nice pantsuits. I always wear a cocktail dress. Men should wear at least a coat and tie.

Not disallowed, but probably should be.;) The only things forbidden are shorts and tees in the dining room for the evening meal. There are probably over 1,000 threads on 'no jeans'. Just not appropriate for a formal dining room setting on any night; however, just fine for the Lido buffet.

Enjoy your cruise!

My DH and I were just on the Fantasy and it is very laid back. This was our first cruise and maybe the bigger ships are more formal. I wore a black cocktail dress and my DH wore a tux. Very few people in tuxes, as for the dresses, there were many different kinds, from summer dresses to pant outfits for the ladies and some men were not that dressed up. It was a nice night. It felt good to be all dressed up. As for Costa Maya, I did my research on here and we took a taxi to Mahaujal. We had a wonderful time. We ate at the cat's meow and the coconut shrimp were FANTASTIC!!! my DH had the carribean chicken sandwhich and he loved it. The drinks were also good. I worried what I was going to wear for almost a year and then when on the ship, it did not matter. Many different people and many different styles. We had a great time. So whatever you do, go comfortable and have a wonderful time.

.......and maybe the bigger ships are more formal. .

The Holiday (my favorite) is the smallest and oldest in Carnival's present fleet, and I've always seen lots of tux and long formal gowns on formal night.

Men look SOOOOO fantastic in a tux!:)

I was on the Fantasy in November and saw very few tuxedos and formal dresses on formal night. We had early dinner though so there could be more for the later dinner times. Most wore cocktail type dresses with men in coat and tie but there were a few men without jackets and women in plainer "church" dresses.

I never really saw anyone in jeans on any night in the dining room other than kids and a few on the very first night.

There is a board for Costa Maya on the Ports of Call where you should find lots of information on the options there. We just took a cab to the village Majuhual (sp?) and spent time on the beach with drinks and snacks at the Cat's Meow. We also stayed a while at the large pool in the port area for the kids to swim. There are quite a few shops there to look in also.

Yes there is a formal night. We are not "dressy" either, we do buffet on fromal nights. Not supposed to wear jeans but many do. Kakhis and a Hawaiian shirt are appropriate for regular dining room nights and are just as comfy.

Is it a long waiting line at the Cat's Meow? Is appropiate for kids. DD are 7 yo and a baby (17 mo)?

I here great talk about Cat's Meow, but I wondering if we should try this on a cruise with just DH.

Where is a nice resturant place for a family, if not Cat's Meow.

I also want to know about the Cat's Meow (by the way there's a GREAT karoke bar in New Orleans by the same name). I heard it's run by a Canadian lady and everyone speaks English very well. That's good because my DH has a very, very southern accent and can never understand anyone with a foreign accent. Also how is the shopping there?

My DH and I were just on the Fantasy and it is very laid back. This was our first cruise and maybe the bigger ships are more formal. I wore a black cocktail dress and my DH wore a tux. Very few people in tuxes, as for the dresses, there were many different kinds, from summer dresses to pant outfits for the ladies and some men were not that dressed up. It was a nice night. It felt good to be all dressed up. As for Costa Maya, I did my research on here and we took a taxi to Mahaujal. We had a wonderful time. We ate at the cat's meow and the coconut shrimp were FANTASTIC!!! my DH had the carribean chicken sandwhich and he loved it. The drinks were also good. I worried what I was going to wear for almost a year and then when on the ship, it did not matter. Many different people and many different styles. We had a great time. So whatever you do, go comfortable and have a wonderful time.

Hi, we are going to Costa Maya and not sure where to go there but the Mahaujal sounded good. What was that like and the Cat's Meow?

Thanks

1. Here is a hint for your beds: when they push them together they put the other comforter in the closet. We laid one of the comforters on top of the mattresses and used it as a feather bed and then used the other as our covering. Soooo comfy!

2. Everyone else basically answered these. A nice dress for the ladies and black pants or khakis with a nice button down shirt and a tie for the guys.

3. Yeah man, we wore jeans to dinner.

4. We didnt do any excursions but go to where the people check in for their excursions and rent a golf cart and take it to Mahajual - the small fisherman town everyone is talking about. Cheap drinks (a bucket of 5 beers for $6!!) and great food! And the water is beautiful!

5. PICTURES! Go check out my MySpace page (myspace.com/tallyrockchick) and look at my slideshow. Also look in my pics, I have a cruise album on there. It should give you a good idea! =)

Let me know if you have any other questions! :cool:

Hi, we are going to Costa Maya and not sure where to go there but the Mahaujal sounded good. What was that like and the Cat's Meow?

Thanks

The cats meow was great, it is the first place to your right as you walk down the dirt road. The food was GREAT, I took a picture of it and will try to post if I can, not to good with that stuff, anyway, we ate and had drinks DH a corona and Ia the best pina colada I am sure I will ever have . The guacamole was also the best, our bill was about $28.00, thought DH was have to go back to ship to get more money, that was a funny in itself, first cruise was not sure how much to take with us off ship and come to find out should have taken more just something to laugh at , back to the subject, we then walked across the dirt road to the beach front, they have shairs there, great for little ones, not deep and nice scenery to look at, we were so relaxed we never did walk down the dirt road all the way. I would love to be there right now, we had a blast. ok could not get the pic on here, but if you wnat me to email you the pic email me at giggly73@sbcglobal.net and I can do that. Have a great cruise!!!!!

Archived