Cheapest 7 day cruise you booked

magen16

Hubby booked our HM about 3 weeks out for spring break cruise on Inspiration in March 2003...what a procrastinator but it paid off. We had a oceanview on Empress deck for $340 pp. We flew from Greensboro to Tampa on Airtran for about $79 pp and rented a car and drove back from Tampa for about $70 with a full tank of gas. It was a wonderful and very cost efficient 7 day honeymoon!

So my question is, are the port and tax charges always the same? Or do they also fluctuate. I am on the Elation over Thanksgiving and those charges were $171.50 alone. Our room was $410 for 4A guar. I thought that was pretty good for what's considered a holiday sailing.

Debbie

OK since everyone did not believe it I started to doubt it myself. I called my TA and she told me she associated me and my three girlfriends with a group of 50 that was going so she could book 2 of her last 4 rooms. So I guess we just got very lucky because yes its an inside but it is an 4D inside so not the worst. I also dont plan on spending anytime in the cabin, so for me it does not matter where I sleep. As for the price, it :D DOES:D include port charges and taxes.

One last thing....the point of this thread was to get an idea about what kind of deals are out there for people to find. I loved my first cruise 8 years ago and plan to do this now at least every other year or so. I found this site and love it since everyone is usually so friendly. No matter what the price everyone should be happy they are getting to do something they love:)

Back in mid March we booked the Triumph Western Oct 30/04 Halloween cruise after seeing an ad in our Saturday paper.

We each ended up paying (4A Guarantee) $349 CDN ($250 USD) for the adults plus $250 CDN ($178 USD) taxes/port charges.

Our two kids (3rd & 4th) were each $130 CDN ($92 USD) + the same taxes/port charges.

Now the cruise is basically sold out....

This was slightly cheaper than out 2003 Inspiration Halloween cruise.

I have a feeling that the low prices may be hard to find for next year.

Rob

I can never seem to get any kind of deals like mentioned here!!!! I know some of the problem is I work in a school district and the times I can take off must not be good times. I'm not a teacher so it isn't like I can only take off during breaks, I can do a spring cruise I just can't take of in the winter.

My best deal would have been my 13 day cruiae on NCL with all charges and airfare from NY to Miami it came to $860.00 or $66.16 pd and with air I thought that was great!!! I need to keep looking.

I do believe I have a better price - I booked my daughter and 2-1/2 year old grandaughter for an inexpensive inside room on the NCL Sea leaving on 9/11 for a 7 day cruise out of Houston to Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, and Cancun. They will be the only two in this room - the price is the total for both and includes port charges and taxes - I am a frequent NCL cruiser and latitude member - the price was $429.00. ( $214.50 each). My wife and I are in a mini suite for $999.00 total. Don't despair - you got a really good deal.

Dave & Katie Mason (Smooth Sailling)

I'm sailing on Destiny in January and paid $399 pp for Lido deck inside cabin. It's now up to $799 pp. It was a past guest price.

We are sailing on the Destiny in January also, and paid $649. pp for a balcony 8D. It to was a past guest special.:D

Hi guys, haven't been to these boards in a coon's age.....good to be back. :)

I, too booked Elation (again) a loooong time ago and got a terrific deal--practically identical to magen16 cuz it included a 25% discount along with the cheap fare of $285 PP--we sail 1/9/05.

BUT..........the cheapest fare I EVER got for a 7 day was on Carnival's TSS Mardi Gras in 1979 when I paid a flat $200 for a single occupancy, outside cabin. That was such a great deal I took 2 of them back to back, never even got off the ship...LOL!!! Ah, those were the days.

judyf... You don't need to look to far, $66.16, bottom line, plus air is a terrific

price... Remember, that what you see here is 'THE BEST' priced cruise people have been on.. 'Not the NORM'.. Bombero

QUOTE=judyf]I can never seem to get any kind of deals like mentioned here!!!! I know some of the problem is I work in a school district and the times I can take off must not be good times. I'm not a teacher so it isn't like I can only take off during breaks, I can do a spring cruise I just can't take of in the winter.

My best deal would have been my 13 day cruiae on NCL with all charges and airfare from NY to Miami it came to $860.00 or $66.16 pd and with air I thought that was great!!! I need to keep looking.

I booked a 7 night cruise last September on the Paradise for 99$ plus port charges. Came out to about 238$ per person. Got upgraded to a 6a outside from a 4a guarantee. Got the offer about 3 weeks prior to sailing. It was a great deal and a wonderful trip....Wish I could get another deal like that....

We paid $1100 for three on the Paradise for 7 nights. We booked an inside guarantee and were upgraded to a Cat 11 Suite. This comes out to $366.66 a person...and it INCLUDED our air from Charlotte to Miami, which generally runs about $200. Plus, we were put up at the Hilton in Miami for the night after the cruise.

judyf... You don't need to look to far, $66.16, bottom line, plus air is a terrific

price... Remember, that what you see here is 'THE BEST' priced cruise people have been on.. 'Not the NORM'.. Bombero

QUOTE=judyf]I can never seem to get any kind of deals like mentioned here!!!! I know some of the problem is I work in a school district and the times I can take off must not be good times. I'm not a teacher so it isn't like I can only take off during breaks, I can do a spring cruise I just can't take of in the winter.

Thanks, I've been a searcher now since I got hooked in 2001 and I realize these fares posted aren't normal fares. Best price I could get for the Legend in March 2005 was $745.00 pp port and taxes included. I don't think this was too bad being Easter week, we will return on Easter Sunday.

I'm pretty happy with the pricing on the group cruise for the Valor next year... $685 for OV, includes $50 shipboard credit... I like the group cruises primarily because of being able to put down a low deposit and pay for it gradually... makes it seem even less :D

Archived