Carnival Miracle-Sea Sick??

mjkcj1

I dont know about you guys, but everytime I reading the boards lately someone else has gotten sea sick on the Miracle. Whats going on?

I hope the seas are not rough. :(

i don't remember seeing those threads, but i do expect it to be rough for me when i sail. i just think the water is rougher up here. open atlantic w/o shelter by other islands will be rougher than say, sailing around the bahamas or caribbean islands, or even the gulf.

no scientific evidence for this position, of course. just a guess and a hunch. it was very rough last time i sailed from NY, but hurricane andrew had recently roared through and seas were rough all over, so that experience doesn't really count, i suppose. but, i am expecting day 1 to be a little rough; day 2 to be better. if day 1 is calm, it'll be a bonus. :)

I dont know about you guys, but everytime I reading the boards lately someone else has gotten sea sick on the Miracle. Whats going on?

I hope the seas are not rough. :(

Where did you read that? Take some seasick meds and you will be fine. That's what I'm going to do. The seas can be calm one day and rough the next. There is no way to predict it. You are, afterall, dealing with Mother Nature and we all know how unpredicatable she is. :rolleyes:

i don't remember seeing those threads, but i do expect it to be rough for me when i sail. i just think the water is rougher up here. open atlantic w/o shelter by other islands will be rougher than say, sailing around the bahamas or caribbean islands, or even the gulf.

no scientific evidence for this position, of course. just a guess and a hunch. it was very rough last time i sailed from NY, but hurricane andrew had recently roared through and seas were rough all over, so that experience doesn't really count, i suppose. but, i am expecting day 1 to be a little rough; day 2 to be better. if day 1 is calm, it'll be a bonus. :)

Hiya True :D....last October on my 2 night cruise out of NY, the first night the seas were like glass....the second night they were very rough cause there was a bad wind storm. I didn't take any meds and....well I didn't get sick but let's just say I was not too comfortable. This time I bought some Bonine and will start taking it the night before I leave. I also went on a 2 nighter a few years ago and that one was in June and both days the seas were as calm as glass. Can't predict the mighty Atlantic. They do say that the seas can get rough around Cape Hatteras.

Hiya True :D....last October on my 2 night cruise out of NY, the first night the seas were like glass....the second night they were very rough cause there was a bad wind storm. I didn't take any meds and....well I didn't get sick but let's just say I was not too comfortable. This time I bought some Bonine and will start taking it the night before I leave. I also went on a 2 nighter a few years ago and that one was in June and both days the seas were as calm as glass. Can't predict the mighty Atlantic. They do say that the seas can get rough around Cape Hatteras.

well, that's good news! hey, it isn;t like it's not rough elsewhere, right? i have had my share of rockin' and rollin' days even in areas which are normally calm. like you said, mother nature. wind -- big factor. you are getting so close! hope you have a GREAT time!

I looked at miracle's CTN out of NY in oct. thought of booking it. but, it seems quite pricey, comparatively speaking (longer cruises out of fla are less). still may do it w/ just DH and myself though. i don't know if i can wait until dec for liberty (even though we just cruised in feb and b/4 that july). this addiction is getting bad (and for 5 people, expensive), LOL!:D the CTN wld be a ditch kids cruise (that wld be okay b/c it wld be so short, i think i cld handle the guilt).

well, that's good news! hey, it isn;t like it's not rough elsewhere, right? i have had my share of rockin' and rollin' days even in areas which are normally calm. like you said, mother nature. wind -- big factor. you are getting so close! hope you have a GREAT time!

I looked at miracle's CTN out of NY in oct. thought of booking it. but, it seems quite pricey, comparatively speaking (longer cruises out of fla are less). still may do it w/ just DH and myself though. i don't know if i can wait until dec for liberty (even though we just cruised in feb and b/4 that july). this addiction is getting bad (and for 5 people, expensive), LOL!:D the CTN wld be a ditch kids cruise (that wld be okay b/c it wld be so short, i think i cld handle the guilt).

Yes the CTN is pricey but at that time we were looking into going to Cape May,NJ. The price would have been the same with an upscale B&B, the dinners, the shopping, the gas. I figured we would have a better time on the cruise considering that it was in Oct and there really wasn't that much to do down in the Cape. It is way too short and I doubt I would ever do such a short cruise again even though I live not too far from the port. I think I also did the CTN because I wanted to check out Carnival and see how they were. I think we booked this cruise about a week after we came back from that one. :p

Archived