Carnival Miracle Review From 5/11....longggggggg

mprucha

The 2nd formal night had filet minon and shrimp lots of other things. They tried to have a beef dish, seafood dish, chicken dish on every nights menu along with some long time favorites like prime rib and shrimp cocktail and salmon. My parents did N&N on the second formal night but they said they wouldn't do it again because they were too full for the gala buffet! sigh...decisions, decisions...lolol. As for the ocean being rough. My DH and I loved it. It was really rough the last 2 days and nights and windy too. Many people really felt it. I can't tell you exactly how high the waves were but you could easily look out my cabin balcony and see how big the swells were. We loved it, others didn't!

Well Im not going to go that night now :) There has to be one night that is only so so. Hmmm I dont want to make reservation until I know which evening has the least desired meal :)

Thanks for all the info. I just emailed you back as well !

Hi

We were on this cruise too (GREAT JOB guys) and highly recommend Nick & Nora's. We had crab cake for App and did a nice shared surf and turf for entree. The NY Strip and the Dover Sole were an outstanding duo. Desserts were fantastic and we were there for 2 hours and 20 minutes and were happily stuffed. About the sommelier, we brought a bottle of our own Duckhorn and shooed him away until our after dinner drink. In our opinion it's a must do.

So can anyone tell me if there are "inside stairs or inside elevator" that goes to N&N I WILL not do the floating stairs or glass elevators due to my vertigo issue :)

Wow...great review. It sounds like you had tons of fun. I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about the room. Did this room have the separate sitting area or was it just one big room?? I heard alot of the category 11 mini suites are not what is advertised by Carnival and I am trying to find out which ones have the separate seating area and which ones don't. Any and all details would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!! This has made me really excited for our cruise!:D

Thanks for taking the time to write a review it was great read. Can you tell me where the tea was held??

It's held in the Jeeves lounge so people are constantly walking straight through.

Wow...great review. It sounds like you had tons of fun. I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about the room. Did this room have the separate sitting area or was it just one big room?? I heard alot of the category 11 mini suites are not what is advertised by Carnival and I am trying to find out which ones have the separate seating area and which ones don't. Any and all details would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!! This has made me really excited for our cruise!:D

The room we had was large, 2 twins made a queen, then the sofa bed and pull down bunk bed...still had room to walk between the beds to the balcony even with the table there which we used a lot........several feet of space between bed and balcony doorway, even more on the other side. 2 tall hanging closets by one side of the bed with a shelf at the top of one.....LOTS of hanging room......4 large dresser drawers next to that with a large counter on top over which is the Tv/vcr player with a cabinet next to it. Next to sofa bed is desk with chair, mini frig and bar area....more cabinets here as well.....all the walls behind the bed and cabinet areas all glass. Then we had a separate vanity room with a vanity area, large mirror, outlet, dressing table, 4 more smaller drawers plus the center drawer. In this vanity room was also a tall hanging closet with top shelf high up and next to it, another one with very deep, very tall shelves.....then the bathroom had double sinks with lots of counter space, 6 mini shelves on sides of large mirror and 2 cabinets in the bottom each with 2 shelves that were large. ...jacuzzi tub/shower, plenty of bathroom space to move around even for 2 people if both getting ready.

I'll have pictures on a website this weekend of all the cruise pictures that DH is frantically working on due to all the requests and I'll post the site.

We asked you all to come back with reviews..an you did not dissapoint!!

Something I've seen in several of the Capers that I haven't seen asked...

What is the Cornhole Competition that happens on the 1st sea day?

Did you win one of the "ships on a stick??""

Did they sell the "Passport" book with all the coupons in it??

MY Turn starts on SUNDAY! Cruzin'.... on a Sunday Afternoon!!

Jacquelyn :D

It seems like I keep saying thank you for your review, but your very detailed description of the Cat 11 is just great. Since we will be in the one right next to the one you were in I assume it will be the same. No matter how hard we try, we always bring far too much and one of the reasons we have always been reluctant to cruise is because of the relatively small size of the cabins. But from your detailed description I feel confident that we will have tons of room even for all our overpacking. It sounds like this should be a very comfortable cabin for 3 people with plenty of closet, drawer and shelf space. When we stay in hotels we always try to get two sinks in the bathroom--it just makes life so much easier. I am sure my DW will be very happy to read your description but I hope it does not encourage her to take even more stuff. All of your detailed information is really getting us excited with 12 days to go. And we are reasonable people and while we want our vacations to be as good as possible we are not nit pickers--we know that there is no such thing as perfection but your review makes us confident that this will be a great vacation. So good to read a review from someone who sees the good and is not complaining about minor unimportant things. Thanks again.

We asked you all to come back with reviews..an you did not dissapoint!!

Something I've seen in several of the Capers that I haven't seen asked...

What is the Cornhole Competition that happens on the 1st sea day?

Did you win one of the "ships on a stick??""

Did they sell the "Passport" book with all the coupons in it??

MY Turn starts on SUNDAY! Cruzin'.... on a Sunday Afternoon!!

Jacquelyn :D

I didn't take part in the cornhole competition but we went past as they were practicing for it on our way to something else and it looked like it was going to involving tossing something into buckets or certain spots on the deck because they did it in front of the main stage next to the pool. I won cartoon trivia (actually tied with 3 other people) so there were 4 winners and we got the medals with the carnival ship on them and another for game show mania. If they did the passport book, I must have missed that but I didn't do the port talk given either cause we had pre-booked excursions and a plan for the ports already. Have a great trip!!

villa10..........there were 4 of us, DH, DD (18), DS (20) and myself, 9 suitcases 4 of which were the large ones plus 4 carry ons, 13 total, we unpacked everything and still had room for much more! 3 people in yours should be no problem! Enjoy!!

Wow, Thanks for the fantastic review. I'll be going April 2008 and you gave me lots of info. Can you e-mail me ( familyforever@aol.com )the capers for the 6-8 & 9-11 age groups. Also I would really like to know about the secret door. I don't have a lap top to bring with me, do you know if they have one of those kodak machine that I can up-load my pictures on to a CD becasue as like you, I too LOVE to take pictures - which by the way I can't wait to see yours.

There is a machine on deck 3 in the atrium area that you can attach a digital camera too but it doesn't put them on cd, it prints them for a price per print. If you have underwater cameras you use for excursions underwater, their photo gallery area will make prints for you overnight. We did this after snorkeling and got double prints (4x6) of 54 prints so 108 photos for about $15. Nice quality to them as well. If you don't have a laptop and like taking tons of pictures, another option is taking multiple memory cards, the larger sized ones so you can take hundreds and hundreds of pictures per memory card. Also, don't forget to take LOTS of extra camera batteries if you continuously take pictures. I had our digital camera (which is also a video recorder) attached to me continuously and we took one of those packs of batteries that have 16 to a pack. We used most of them all over 2 week time period of vacation.

There is a machine on deck 3 in the atrium area that you can attach a digital camera too but it doesn't put them on cd, it prints them for a price per print. If you have underwater cameras you use for excursions underwater, their photo gallery area will make prints for you overnight. We did this after snorkeling and got double prints (4x6) of 54 prints so 108 photos for about $15. Nice quality to them as well. If you don't have a laptop and like taking tons of pictures, another option is taking multiple memory cards, the larger sized ones so you can take hundreds and hundreds of pictures per memory card. Also, don't forget to take LOTS of extra camera batteries if you continuously take pictures. I had our digital camera (which is also a video recorder) attached to me continuously and we took one of those packs of batteries that have 16 to a pack. We used most of them all over 2 week time period of vacation.

Mprucha, do you remember if the dining room was open the night you were in San Juan?

Thanks. :D

I must have to say thanks for such a great review . I was wandering if you could email me the capers I have a 11 yr old and a 14 yr old and my oldest is 18 . I see you mentioned about putting your husband your daughter and you on one ss card can they do that for us. I dont want my kids going any where and surprising us with a hig bill at the end of our Cruise. We got a balcony room and a stateroom combined for 5 of us. I think we could of got a room for all 5 of us since were ao use to camping in close quarters. I cant wait till our cruise. I got it pd fro but i am trying to save enough money for all 5 of us. Has any one did the excursion with the dolphins my youngest loves them I was wandering how it went. I know in Sanjaun we are doing a kayack thing at night. My email address is rcent@comcast.net please email me soon .

Thanks Again you make Crusiing sound Exciting compare to soem of the stuff iread on the boards.

Cora:):):):):)

Thanks, I have two memory cards already so I guess I'll be buying a couple more. My battery (3 of them ) are rechargeable but thanks for the reminder. Plus there's always the disposable camera's.

:) I want to join everyone else in telling you what a great review! Thanks for taking the time to let us know all the doings for the week. If you were to guess, which night was prime rib night? And if you or anyone could give us all an idea of the menu for the week and which nights what was served? Really want to go to N&N's but don't want to miss anything good on the menu either.

Thanks again

Nancy

What a great, detailed, and fair review. This may just be the most useful Miracle review that I've read to date, and it is truly appreciated. The idea that something may not appeal to you, yet may just appeal to someone else seems to be lost nowadays.... Again, thank you.

We'll be sailing in a cat 12 at the end of August, and your review has gotten me all excited and impatient for the umpteenth time. But I'll be making my DW feel much better with your storage space info, and both her and my 9 yr old DD will be pumped for the Amazing Race game.

Can't wait to see your pictures. Post 10,000 and I'll be the one wasting the hours going over all of them!!

And thank you as well for your responses to the tons of questions that you've been fielding. It must seem like a full-time job at this point, but as your answers provide even more information and insight they are greatly appreciated too.

Archived