? about Misty Fjords Flightseeing-Island Wings

TenerifeSharon

I contacted Island Wings about the Misty Fjords flightseeing trip for our Infinity repo cruise in Sept. and was offered a flight time of 8 AM. All of you who have enjoyed this flight -- do you think 8 AM is too early? Will it really be light enough in mid-September or should I ask about a flight a couple of hours later (10 AM?) TIA for your help.

i can answer about being light enough at that time, we were there sept 17th -24 last year. sun up was around 6am, we had plenty of light by 7am. the nice thing about going early...except for possible fog...the weather was calm in the morning.

Although it was two years ago, and in late July, I had an early trip with Michelle, and loved it. I recall that by 10 or 10:30 I was walking Creek Street with DW, and still rave about the beauty and splendor we saw up close and personal. She is a wonderful pilot / guide. Don’t fret the hour, just go and take lots of pics.

No problem with that flight time. Only reason I would consider scheduling later is if you have to tender??

Thanks, BQ! No, we're only scheduled to tender at Sitka and ISP, so I guess if Infinity's pod problems are settled for the moment, we're good to go. Is there usually more fog at 8 than at around 10 AM? I know, every day is different -- but you've had so much more experience than most.

Thanks again.

Thanks, BQ! No, we're only scheduled to tender at Sitka and ISP, so I guess if Infinity's pod problems are settled for the moment, we're good to go. Is there usually more fog at 8 than at around 10 AM? I know, every day is different -- but you've had so much more experience than most.

Thanks again.

No way to predict fog, can happen any daylight timeframe.

Archived