Mexican Riveria Excursion Advice

moxie07

Hello,

I'm cruising on the Pride in July and I'm in the process of researching some excursions. So far what sounds pretty good to us is the "Majahuitas snorkel" tour through Puerto Vallerto Tours and Mazatlan Franks "City and Beach" Tour in Mazatlan. Does anyone have any experience or comments on these excursions?

Thanks,

Brooklyn Dave

Yes, we have done both. Mazatlan Frank is one of my all time favorite guides. You will get to see a lot, and have a great time doing it! We did this same snorkeling, but we were staying in PV, not on a cruise. I think Vallarta Adventures is a very organized, professional group and lots of fun. I liked the ride out and back and I liked the stop in Yalapa, but didn't care for the snorkeling. HOwever, you may not have the same situation. We couldn't stop at the spot planned in Maju. because of jellyfish. We went just a ways further, but before we ever got off the boat, people were climbing back on because of jellyfish . Several people got stung. You should also know that the stop at Yelapa involves climbing in and out of a samller boat into the water and wading ashore. Not a problem for some people, but was a problem for DH. The crew was great help, but we wouldn't have done the trip if we have known there was no dock. People said the snorkeling wasn't very good-not much to see. you might want to check into Las Calitas. Has a dock, more activity and snorkeling is better. Same company also goes there.

Sorry, not those two but my husband and son did the zip line excursion and loved it.

Hubby and oldest son did the zipline in PV as well through the following independent company http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/info/guest-comments.htm

They had a great time. This was March 2006 and at the time the internet price was $72.00 per person (cash). The taxi was another $3 per person (I believe) from the port to the office. They made reservations for 11AM and did not have to give any credit card info or anything. They simply paid for it when they arrived.

14 stands....safe and a lot of fun.

Have a great cruise!!

Mazatlan Franks "City and Beach" Tour in Mazatlan. Does anyone have any experience or comments on these excursions?

If you want an excellent tour with a class act of a tour guide, Mazatlan Frank is the guide for you. He is wonderful. Excellent English, loads of knowledge and even takes you to places to get excellent pics of your ship. Feel free to check out my pics from our Carnival Pride cruise and you will see pics from our afternoon tour with Frank. We toured with him after riding with Randi, so we didn't get to go to some of the places that others mention, but our afternoon was wonderful.

You can't go wrong with Frank!!

If you want an excellent tour with a class act of a tour guide, Mazatlan Frank is the guide for you. He is wonderful. Excellent English, loads of knowledge and even takes you to places to get excellent pics of your ship. Feel free to check out my pics from our Carnival Pride cruise and you will see pics from our afternoon tour with Frank. We toured with him after riding with Randi, so we didn't get to go to some of the places that others mention, but our afternoon was wonderful.

You can't go wrong with Frank!!

Tina, you had time to ride with Randi and tour with Frank on the same day? If so, how long did each tour last? We are currently booked with Randi the day before Thanksgiving.

Hi Tim,

It took some coordination between Randi & Frank. It makes for a busy day, but it can be done. You ride with Randi and she keeps in contact with Frank. Order your food and eat lunch. While the group that Frank has eats lunch, he comes over to the water taxi area and picks you up when Tony takes you over... while the rest stay and continue to visit... Tony drops you with Frank and off you go. You don't see as much as the full day tour, but it is still a good day. I did feel a little rushed, as I love just visiting with Randi and the rest of the riders, or enjoying Stone Island. But if you want to get both in, it is doable - as long as it works with Frank's tour that he has going on that day. He may have a tour scheduled that doesn't work - but you can try. Let me know if you have any more questions and I can try to help.

We have done the trip to Yalapa with the snorkeling and it was not the highlight. The water was pretty murky so we didn't really see any fish but one did manage to find me and bite me on the backside. It wasn't a jellyfish though so thank goodness for that. We thought the snorkeling in cabo was actually better. and the Zip lline is the must do in PV, it is soo much fun:D Kris

• 2 weeks later...

Last Oct, (on cruise) we took a bus out to Mismaloya beach, and then rented a water taxi to take (4)us to Los Arcos Island for Snorkling, Water was clear, and lots of fish. It cost $12 per person and we snorkled for about a hour + short boat ride. Much cheaper than if you took the crowded excursion. You can also hire these Water taxis to take you further as well, to yelapa, etc, its aprox $30-40 per hour, and you can take a group with u.

Archived