Chichen Itza

balanceok

I have not personally used this person, but I have hear very good comments and experiences using Brant's Entertainment Plus. I've always booked through my resort down there since most of the tour operators are competitively priced.

One word of caution, going to Chichen Itza in August will be VERY hot and Humid. Who ever you use, I'd recommend doing a "Mini" trip. These usually leave early in the morning (earlier than the bus tours) They give you the opportunity to roam around before the tour bus crowds arrive. Breakfast is usually included in the package. You leave the ruins before it gets beyond steamy.

On our last trip we did a "shortcut" tour like I just described and felt it was the best way to see the ruins.

• 1 month later...

I just returned yesterday from Riviera Maya and took a "Chichen Itza Express" tour with Cancun Line tour operator. It was exactly what I wanted - just a tour of the ruins - no shopping stops, etc. We arrived at the site around 10:30, left at 1:00 and I was back at my hotel around 3:00. I knew it would be hot, so I didn't want an all-day tour...I just wanted to jump into the ocean when I got back. The tour was great, tour guide was excellent. They served danish and bananas on the way to the ruins, and there was about 1/2 hour at the end of the ruins tour so I picked up a quick souvenir and an ice cream cone. The cost was $69.

I just returned yesterday from Riviera Maya and took a "Chichen Itza Express" tour with Cancun Line tour operator. It was exactly what I wanted - just a tour of the ruins - no shopping stops, etc. We arrived at the site around 10:30, left at 1:00 and I was back at my hotel around 3:00. I knew it would be hot, so I didn't want an all-day tour...I just wanted to jump into the ocean when I got back. The tour was great, tour guide was excellent. They served danish and bananas on the way to the ruins, and there was about 1/2 hour at the end of the ruins tour so I picked up a quick souvenir and an ice cream cone. The cost was $69.

So who was the tour operator? Any contact info?

Thanks.

The tour operator was "Cancun Line", but I don't have local contact information. I booked it right in my hotel lobby, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble doing the same.

Just tracked them down online, but I can't guarantee it's current:

Local phone: 881-7121

email:ricardo@mail.classique.com.mx

Have fun.

The tour operator was "Cancun Line", but I don't have local contact information. I booked it right in my hotel lobby, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble doing the same.

Just tracked them down online, but I can't guarantee it's current:

Local phone: 881-7121

email:ricardo@mail.classique.com.mx

Have fun.

Thanks for the information. I'll follow-up on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get the info onthe express tour for Chectzen Itza?? We are going in Sept and would very much prefer to do a shorter tour then the 11-12 hr ones offered...

thanks

Ernlyn..

Did you get the info onthe express tour for Chectzen Itza?? We are going in Sept and would very much prefer to do a shorter tour then the 11-12 hr ones offered...

thanks

Ernlyn..

No. We're just going to check when we get down there. If we find anything useful, I'll post to this thread when I get back. We will be there Aug 7-12. I expect it will be very hot.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We made our reservations with the Mayan Gate tour company before leaving home. We chose this company because they offered hotel pick-up (they actually come in and get you even though they tell you to be outside), a full buffet-style lunch is included and they charged less for children. DD and I both went for $92. This tour is an all-day tour (pick-up was at 8:00 am and we didn't get back until around 7 pm). But it was well worth the trip. The trip is about 2 hrs and 45 minutes each way from Cancun. Our tour made 3 stops.....one to eat in a restaurant with a live dance/show, one to swim in an underground cave (cenote) in Valladolid and then on to Chichen Itza. Here is the link to the website.

http://www.themayangate.com/tours/tour.asp?cve=TCHICHENCLA

Although you can't climb the largest pyramid anymore, it is an awesome sight to see. I recommend bringing bottled water and an umbrella to protect you from the sun. The sun and heat are pretty brutal here due to limited shade. Please enjoy our pics below.

http://travel.webshots.com/slideshow/561928720yuJDcS

P. S. If you are looking for a really cheap way to go to the ruins, there are a million timeshare operators in Cancun & Playa Del Carmen that will offer you reduced or free tour tickets in exchange for attending a timeshare presentation. One lady on our tour went on one and only paid $20 for her and her son to go to CI. Fun to do just don't get sucked into buying one.

[url=http://www.themayangate.com/tours/tour.asp?cve=TCHICHENCLA][/url]

Archived