Uploading pics on the Dawn

duceno1

Although I think I have ample memory to take mucho pics with my digital camera on the cruise, I still worry about taking too many pics and running out of memory. Is it possible to upload pics using my USB cable onto the computers at the Internet Cafe? If yes, do I need to bring the software too? And what might it cost to upload, say, several hundred pics? Thanks.

Although I think I have ample memory to take mucho pics with my digital camera on the cruise, I still worry about taking too many pics and running out of memory. Is it possible to upload pics using my USB cable onto the computers at the Internet Cafe? If yes, do I need to bring the software too? And what might it cost to upload, say, several hundred pics? Thanks.

No... you will not have access to any USB ports or drives on the internet cafe computers. They are for internet access only, not for transferring files. They are quite strict about this.

Therefore you will not be able to move your images to their machines.

However, you could probably have the photo lab burn a CD of your digital photos for a fee of course.

Personally, I would rather spend the same money on an additional memory card if you are truly worried about space. It will probably cost you the same money to have your card contents burned to a CD as would cost to go buy another memory card.

Archived