Afternoon tea on board?

Kewl - hi there!! 50% Brits on board our last ta? Are you sure? I would have said about half that - but I don't know!!

The tea was quite good on RCCL- we enjoyed it. Not like the Princess afternoon tea or the HAL Dutch High Tea, of course. But those two lines have traditional afternoon tea backgrounds. (Princess was British of course - before Carnival!).

Problem is that on none of these lines can you get really good scones. And the cream is pathetic (not synthetic:D) and strawberry jam is not always supplied - oh dearie me!!:eek:

It seemed about 50-50 to me although I didn't do a head count. :D

How was the tea conducted in the dining room? I don't think formal is meant as in attire. What I believe is meant is that instead of guests just plopping a tea bag in a cup themselves, they are served. And the style of dress would be reasonable as opposed to a bathing suit and cover up or shorts. The atmosphere is nice as opposed to a come as you are and deal with it yourself. I think that's all that is meant by formal. Although I'm not sure if you thought otherwise. :)

Mommabean, I think you're on the right track regarding the "formal" part of the tea being on how it was served and not on what everyone had to wear (of course flip-flops with casual should really be ok tho). Really that it was relaxing and the tea on the Princess was quite good.

On the Crown Princess it was pretty much, come as you are. The service was on china and the waiters wore gloves, but I wore a sundress and flip flops and didn't feel out of place. Remember, I'm one of those weirdo's who loves dressing up. If I'm not dressed, then no one should feel they have to be. I saw plenty of people in shorts, too.

Some people really love those indoor activities too. That's why I cruise. A little something for everyone. Even if it's not your cup of tea (groan), it is a nicety that many would enjoy. Not that RCI is going to start up tea based on a CC poll.

Still, it gives up something to chat about on a Friday and brings out differing opinions, but no staunch, "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" types.

Still, it gives up something to chat about on a Friday and brings out differing opinions, but no staunch, "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" types.

Well said!!! It doesn't matter whether you vote yes or no....It's just a chance to give EVERYone a turn at posting their own feelings.

OH Yes....and... Have a great weekend everyone! :D

Archived