Smith's for Airports

Just thought I would let you know I booked with 24 7 Airport transfer. They answered email right away and the price from Heathrow to Westminster area is 39 pounds everything included. They seem very efficient. It's a far cry from the amount of 93.50 from Smiths

Edited by nikel

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread but after reading, I need some advice. I have tentative bookings with Smiths, Blackberry, Totally Driven and British Airport for a transfer from London to Harwich. Prices range from 124 for British to 250 for Blackberry.

Harwich cabs did not get back to me.

Totally is cheaper but good reviews are few.

Smith is cheaper than Blackberry but not by much.

British is my least favorite. Price seems too good to be true after the other

quotes.

So how do I make this decision.

We need a larger vehicle which increases the cost.

I know this is an old thread but after reading, I need some advice. I have tentative bookings with Smiths, Blackberry, Totally Driven and British Airport for a transfer from London to Harwich. Prices range from 124 for British to 250 for Blackberry.

quotes.

Not sure who you mean by Harwich cabs. If it wasn't Harwich Taxis (link below), I would email them. We used them in the fall of 2013 from LHR to Harwich. They were very easy to deal with via email to set things up, and their driver was waiting for us as scheduled bright and early in the morning at LHR to meet us after our overnight flight from the U.S.

http://www.harwichtaxis.com/

quotes.

I agree this is an old post, but I read some where on these boards about Smiths and that they were very reliable. We booked with them for a transport from London to Southaptom..6 of us and they were very reasonable.

Just thought I would let you know I booked with 24 7 Airport transfer. They answered email right away and the price from Heathrow to Westminster area is 39 pounds everything included. They seem very efficient. It's a far cry from the amount of 93.50 from Smiths

I also did thorough research for transport from Heathrow to Harwich and found that 24/7 Transport was the most reasonable and friendliest to work with .

I researched Smith's, blackberry, Eddie Manning, Harwich taxis, amongst others.

24/7 also gave a 10% discount for first time users. I booked a multi passenger van and will be ride sharing with others on my cruise in July. I booked them round trip. I will review them after completion of my trip.

Have you used them? If so, please share your experience with 24/7.

Thanks

quotes.

We just returned from our cruise to London. We had Clive Gilbert pick us up in Southampton and take us to Windsor Castle for 3 1/2 hrs. then take us to our hotel in Westminster. There were 4 of us with lots of luggage :rolleyes: We also used Clive to take us to Heathrow after our time in London. I have used Smith's and a couple of others but I keep going back to Clive at "Your London Chauffer" because he is professional, reliable, personable and most of all ..... an extremely all around nice guy. He might cost a few pounds more.....but you get what you pay for. His professionalism is top notch.:)

• 2 weeks later...

We used Smith's for airport and to take us from the Marriott Hotel at the airport to SoutHampton Port. It cost $73 or so. They were excellent. They were early the drive was very casual but timely and they delivered us in our bags in perfect condition. The driver was delightful. We also used Smiths for airport to pick us up from the port in SoutHampton and take us to Windsor couch castle for a few hours then, to Heathrow Airport. We had met another couple during the cruise, they cancelled their RCCL excursion and saved $180 by going with us.

I just got a quote from 24/7 Transport for the drive from London Hotel to Southampton for 6 adults. They were about 40 pounds less than Smiths. Will have to make a decision. But both seem to have good reviews.

That's a big difference. Just be sure that you are comparing apples and apples. If it's all kosher, go with the cheapest - 60 Dollars is not food for chickens.

Edited by Bob++

My guote request, 2 passengers, 2 bags, 2 carry-on for each trip.

Trip 1 Heathrow to London hotel

Trip 2 London hotel to Southampton cruise port

Trip 3 Southampton to Heathrow

All in pounds

24/7

Tot 340

Smith

Tot 266.50

Express Airport Transport

Tot 210

My guote request, 2 passengers, 2 bags, 2 carry-on for each trip.

Trip 1 Heathrow to London hotel

Trip 2 London hotel to Southampton cruise port

Trip 3 Southampton to Heathrow

All in pounds

24/7

Tot 340

Smith

Tot 266.50

Express Airport Transport

Tot 210

Smiths are based at the Southampton end, so they're never going to be competitive for Heathrow to central London.

Their excellent reputation is well worth the nett £11 higher than EAT for the two Southampton runs.

Which leaves you needing one of the others for the Heathrow - London run.

£40 to £60, depending on the location of your hotel, is a ballpark price so you're not being ripped-off, though you might get a better blend of reviews and price with one of the bigger Heathrow operators such as simply airports or 24/7

JB :)

That's a big difference. Just be sure that you are comparing apples and apples. If it's all kosher, go with the cheapest - 60 Dollars is not food for chickens.

So the reputation of 24/7 is as good as Smiths?

Both are picking us up in a van at our hotel and taking us to Southampton.... so would then make sense to go with 24/7.

• 2 weeks later...

Just used them to transfer from Heathrow to Southampton. They monitor flights and knew we had been delayed, so were waiting with a smile when we finally arrived (no extra charge). Very professional driver. May be a bit more expensive than some but we felt we got a good deal and plan to use them again at the end of the cruise.

As JB said - Smiths can't compete on the Heathrow/London routes.

We switched from Smiths to 24/7 for our transfer from London to Southampton..was significantly cheaper. I hope we are as pleased.

• 2 weeks later...

We were pleased with our Smiths trip from London to Southampton. We were picked up on time (actually a few minutes early) from an apartment in London, the Benz estate/wagon was clean and comfortable and driver was very friendly and service oriented.

On the way to our Southampton hotel (one night stay before boarding the QM2), we stopped at a Southampton Lok and Store to pick-up two stored bags. We originally were planning to take the train, but the threat of a rail strike caused us to rethink our transportation.

Bob

We are confirmed with Smiths in August 2015 from LHR to the Novatel in Southampton for 2 people , 2 large bags, 2 carry on bags...71 GBP + 7 GBP for parking. A saloon car will be provided.

Another quote from a Southampton based provider was 22GBP more so we feel like we received a good price.

We are confirmed with Smiths in August 2015 from LHR to the Novatel in Southampton for 2 people , 2 large bags, 2 carry on bags...71 GBP + 7 GBP for parking. A saloon car will be provided.

Another quote from a Southampton based provider was 22GBP more so we feel like we received a good price.

Used Portsmouth-based aquacars.co.uk on a similar route from LHR to the docks in Southampton for GBP75 so your quote is very reasonable. Enjoy...

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning,

Just got back from our six week adventure in Europe. We used Smith's twice and it was an excellent experience.

Trip #1 -- was an airport pick up (Heathrow) service down to Southampton. Our flight was a little late and customs/luggage was slow, but Dan our driver waited and the drive to our Southampton Hotel was perfect. Dan was social, happy and professional.

Trip #2 -- after disembarkation from the Anthem (went much faster than we expected), Keith, our driver was early and we had a smooth exit from the terminal and Southampton. Once again, excellent driver and a great ride to our Heathrow Hotel.

Rates were in the 73£ -- 78£ range and I booked everything on line.

Many of these drivers live in the Portsmouth/Southampton area, so Smith's for Airports works best for service south of London. We've used their service three times now and would not hesitate to book them again.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We used Smith's for Airports from Southampton to our B&B in London. Couldn't of been happier with their service. Our driver stopped half way to London so we could use the restrooms and grab a cup of coffee which was greatly appreciated. Trip takes about 2 hours. We'll be using them again for sure based on our recent experience.