Amadeus Cello Deck or Violin Deck which is better?

sashas_mom

Which deck you are on will have an impact on the price you pay. Usually the higher the deck, the more expensive. You should note that the rooms are the same size (except for the Jr Suite) and are identical in layout. You might get a slightly better view on a higher deck and possibly a sliding glass window. However, you have to balance that with

how much time you'll be spending in the room. Regarding which side, I don't think it makes any difference. Remember, you will be on a river, and there is a view off both sides of the boat (sometimes pretty, sometimes not). Further, not even the Captain knows on which side the boat will be docked until the boat arrives at its mooring - on our river cruises it's been about 50/50. We go for the cheapest cabin available, do out sightseeing from the lounge or sun deck, and use the cabin just for sleeping. :)

I don't think it makes a difference on which side you are. The lower deck cabins have windows but you cannot open them; in addition you might be staring at a concrete wall when the ship is docked - but then again you are not spending much time in the cabin exept for sleeping and then who cares about the view. we always stayed on he Cello deck and I think it was agood choice. C & B-cabins are on the Cello deck and the C-cabins are $ 100 less than the B. They all have glass sliding doors you can open and French balkonies. It also seems that these categories sell out first. If you want a cabin choice it is advisable to make early reservations - a year in advance is not too early !

Thank you Tban,

That's very helpful. Cello Deck is what I was thinking about. What would be the difference between the B & the C cabins? for $100 dollars more/less??

Also, I was ready to put a deposit down but the deposit is nonrefundable and this concerns me when we are booking a year in advance and who knows what next year will be. $800.00 is a lot to lose if you can't go. Would travel insurance cover the deposit? Is the deposit nonrefundable after the final payment or right now? If you know, I would really appreciate your answer.

Thanks again,

sasha'smom

As far as what is refundable or not, tell your TA to explain it in detail-a good TA will do this automaticaly. I definatly would reccomend travel insurance pruchased at time of deposit or within two weeks, through a 3rd party, not the cruise company. This will reimburse your deposit and everything if you are forced to cancel.

Archived