Ziplining or White Water Raft Excursion?

Keisele

Being time is short and we can only choose one, which excursion would be the better choice? Obviously, people who have been on both can give the better opinion; however, I would still love to hear from everyone. For example: Was the approx. 2 hour bus drive worth the ziplining? Was the white water too rough and scary?

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Limon in Dec and wanted to do both zip lining and rafting, but were were not there long enough. We chose to go rafting and really enjoyed it. Our only regret was that we wished the rafting part lasted longer.

It depends on how fast the river is running, but the rafting portion of the tour only lasts about 45 minutes to an hour. The rest of the time is transportation, getting everyone ready to go, lunch, etc.

Although the rapids were faster than we had experienced before, we did not think that rafting was scary.

We will be back in Limon next month and have booked ziplining with Charlie Soto so I will be better able to give you an opinion of one versus the other when I return. However, according to Charlie, that the zip lines he is taking us to is only about 25 minutes from the pier.

Dale - Are you booked on the A2 tour of Charlie Soto's? I am having trouble contacting him since I do not have hotmail. I have already tried emailing 5 times and have not received any answer, I guess he is not receiving my emails by bellsouth email service. Did you need to give him a deposit? If not and you booked the A2 tour can you see if you can contact him and add 4 more people......:) Would really appreciate this.

The kids were going to do the white water rafting but decided to do something with the whole family. Not sure if I am brave but why not try....:D

Radtech

Debbie

Debbie:

I do not have hotmail either and he contacted me quickly both times I emailed him. Maybe he is having trouble with his email.

We are booked on an adapted A-2 tour with Charlie. I say adapted because only 6 or 7 of us are zip lining. Charlie said the rest could go to a botanical garden or on a rain forest walk while we zip line. In addition, I asked if there were any alternatives to the Tortugero Canal portion as I do not know if the teenagers would enjoy it and Charlie responded that they could take us to an animal sanctuary if we prefer. We are supposed to decide when we get there.

No, we did not need to give him a deposit.

If you are still interested, I will respond to his email and asking if he can add 4 more.

• 4 weeks later...

I have done zip-lining from both Limon and Puntarenas and there is no way either takes 2 hours travel time. An hour at the most. I would suggest not doing the ship's zip-lining tours in Costa Rica as they are disappointing and overpriced. Contract your own tour, either beforehand on the internet or with a driver at the pier.

From Limon, Jungle breezes is 25 minutes and Almonds and Corals is 1 hour.

From Puntarenas, Turu-Bari is an hour's drive and is an amazing all day park (25 ziplines) for less than the ship charges for 6.

Archived