Silliest cruise question ever asked...

curiousl8y

..and I'm the one who asked it. :o

My partner and I were discussing our upcoming cruise, and various other topics, including how I always get an "altitude headache" for the first few days whenever we're in the mountains.

I said "I hope I don't get a headache on the ship! What altitude do you think we'll be at?"

Gazing at me in astonishment for a moment, he quietly said "I'm fairly sure we'll be at Sea Level".

It took another minute before I "got it".

:D

Linda

..and I'm the one who asked it. :o

My partner and I were discussing our upcoming cruise, and various other topics, including how I always get an "altitude headache" for the first few days whenever we're in the mountains.

I said "I hope I don't get a headache on the ship! What altitude do you think we'll be at?"

Gazing at me in astonishment for a moment, he quietly said "I'm fairly sure we'll be at Sea Level".

It took another minute before I "got it".

Linda

:D :D ! That sounds like something I would ask, so don't feel alone!

Does the ship makes its own electricity? No......we drag a huge extension cord behind us the whole cruise.

Does the crew sleep aboard? No.....we fly them home each night and bring them back in the morning. :eek:

How will I know which pictures in the photo gallery are mine? .......Pregnant pause!!!

What do they do with the ice sculptures AFTER they melt? Duh........ :D :D

Is this an up or down staircase?

Okay......I know. It's enough!!! :D

Well, it seems that there WAS a lady, who asked for an outside cabin, with window, ABOVE the waterline.:cool:

john

Just think how cool it would be to have a window below sea level.

my brother and i were in our ocean-view cabin watching Cast Away and they had a sound effect of a emergency vehicle siren...

i stopped myself, but i ALMOST asked my brother, "Is that siren in the movie or outside?"

...yeah, it was a sea day.

he has never let me live that down!!

Just think how cool it would be to have a window below sea level.

Ya, and then maybe you might get to see one of them there chicken of the seas swim by!!!:D

I didn't know chickens could swim. "Oh, Charlie.":D ;)

Ok, ok, I know this isn't a "stupid cruise question", but it really is so good, it needs mentioning, especially since I don't really get to share it that often.

My daughter who is now 20, was sitting on the couch with me one evening when she was about 10.......Total brain snap.

She turned to me out of the blue and asked, "what was your name before it was mommy?"

It took her a minute after the family stared at her dumbfounded.........

Well, not exactly a question, but a comment. My parents live at the Jersey shore. My mother said sometimes she can see cruise ships leaving off in the distance. So every time we sail from NYC, Bayonne or Philly, she asks me what time I think the ship will be "in front of her" so she can be sure to go to the beach and wave to us. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: I mean, that's kind of sweet, but :confused: :confused:

not sure if these are true, but as reported on our last cruise, the cruise director has received questions such as:

"has this ship ever sunk?"

"Does the crew sleep on board?" (no, they are flown in by copter every day!)

"Does the ship make its own electricity?" (nah, they just roll out a huge extension chord to Fort Lauderdale until they head back and then begin reeling it back in)

By far, for me, as a TA I was asked "why don't cruise ships offer winter cruised to Alaska?" The only thing that kept this from being funny, it was asked to my by a flight attendant. Now wouldn't you think she would know about weather conditions?

NMnita

As a past TA my top two favorites cruise questions were:

How much is a South American cruise, say from here in Columbus(Ohio) to Miami?

And a similar one to the window under water question was "Will I be able to see fish swimming by my window." The only reply I could think of was "hopefully not"

Other good ones were "How much extra to pick up the rental car on Oahu and drop it on Maui?" Probably the cost of the car.

And how long is the drive from LA to Honolulu? Couldn't even come up with a snappy reply to that one.

As a past TA my top two favorites cruise questions were:

How much is a South American cruise, say from here in Columbus(Ohio) to Miami?

And a similar one to the window under water question was "Will I be able to see fish swimming by my window." The only reply I could think of was "hopefully not"

Other good ones were "How much extra to pick up the rental car on Oahu and drop it on Maui?" Probably the cost of the car.

And how long is the drive from LA to Honolulu? Couldn't even come up with a snappy reply to that one.

What is the speed of stupid?:D

Archived