What time to get to the pool?

VioletNYC

Hi! I have a quick question-leaving on the Crown out of NYC Friday. In the mornings what time would you suggest we get to the pool to get a good seat in the sun and preferably close to the pool? I will definetly skip breakfest for a good seat in the sun! Any advice would be greatley appreciated!

Thanks!

Or you could just go out whenever you want and ask around about stuff that hasn't been moved for a while and steal those chairs, chair hogs should not be allowed.

I'm stirring the pot:p

If you get there by 7, you should get loungers close to the pool... don't know about right next to it, but close. Have your other half save the chairs while you go to HC and bring back some breakfast, then send him to get some. You can have your cake and eat it too!!!!!!

If you get there by 7, you should get loungers close to the pool... don't know about right next to it, but close. Have your other half save the chairs while you go to HC and bring back some breakfast, then send him to get some. You can have your cake and eat it too!!!!!!

Cake in the HC for breakfast? :D

Or you could just go out whenever you want and ask around about stuff that hasn't been moved for a while and steal those chairs, chair hogs should not be allowed.

I'm stirring the pot:p

I don't disagree with you. If a person is sitting in a chair, gets up for a short while, then it is not right to take their chair from them. However, if a towel or book occupies the chair for a long period of time with no person around, perhaps "someone other than you moved the stuff and the chairs were just there waiting to be claimed".

Wow 7am? No wonder I usually don't get a chair at the pool! I don't think I could be that dedicated, on vacation I'm going to be asleep that early. It's like telling myself I'll hit the gym every day (fraid that dosen't happen either!). Vacation for me is sleeping in, letting myself eat souffle and ice cream, drinking martinis and calling walks on the promenade exercise at least every other day :)

Hope you get your place in the sun Violet!

Don't people just move the stuff off of chairs when they are saved for long periods of time.

Why doesn't this get regulated more.

We are not real pool fans and actually prefer the shade, but saving a chair at 7:00 am seems really rude.

My DH and I are early risers. We have breakfast and go down about 8 if we want a lounge by the pool. A few times all chairs were "saved" with towels. We hang out for 15-30 minutes and then will ask the pool attendent to remove a couple of towels if no one has shown up. I can say, if asked, the pool attendent removed the towels. No one has ever approched us asking about "their chairs". On the Carribean Princess, all the chairs were taken and my husband went off to get something to eat and a pool attendent came and tried to take his chair! :mad: Another passenger must have been bugging him to find one for her. Needless to say, he did not get it. Its to the point that one person has to "watch the chair" if the other has to get up. Our last cruise, we just hung at the adults pool. :)

All the cruiseline's need to do is have a sign that says, NO SAVING CHAIRS-TOWELS WILL BE REMOVED How hard is that?

Well I can understand that. I mean, when we sit early, we should be able to take off for 1/2 hour to eat without someone grabbing the chair. But we go one at a time and bring food back. I think those interested should put on their coment card that the cruiseline does not allow saved chairs and put up a sign that says that. Maybe if they have enough passengers that write that in, they will. Most likely when I am long gone....lol :p

On the Crown our stateroom was on Deck 14 and we were aft. Very close to the Terrace adults only pool. ( Most people cannot read and seem to think it is still okay to put infants in this adults only pool) I found if I was out at the aft pool by 6.45am I was able to have my choice of chairs. By 7.30 all were taken, or had books and towels on them.

For our last cruise, I pre-printed a bunch of 1/2 size sheets of paper which read "THIS LOUNGE IS BEING RESERVED FOR A DECK CHAIR HOG" which I placed on those obviously being "saved." Don't know if it did much good, but it was real fun.

I dont need to be right on top of the pool. On some of our other cruises on Holland American and even princess there where usually plenty of chairs one or 2 decks up that you could walk up to. Does the crown have this type of configuration? When I am on vacation I dont need the hassel of getting up real early just to fry in the sun all day.

I enjoy going to the pool and hot tub and then just walking up one or 2 levels and relaxing.

I also prefer an area where you can move the chair into shade if you want

Maybe the cruiselines should "rent" the chair.. like a cabana..... :eek:
Great idea but you'll have more people whining about Princess nickel and diming. :( This is actually done on the Crown Princess in the Sanctuary and you still have people whining about the cost and complaining that they have to "pay" for a chair.

For our last cruise, I pre-printed a bunch of 1/2 size sheets of paper which read "THIS LOUNGE IS BEING RESERVED FOR A DECK CHAIR HOG" which I placed on those obviously being "saved." Don't know if it did much good, but it was real fun.
LOVE the idea! Great!

That's hilarious!

I like going up high to get out of the way as well, I don't like being packed in like Sardines right on the edge of the pools.

Archived