You know you're addicted to Carnival when...

You're on an online dating site for the first time, trying to decide if you want to move to the next communication phase as you're on the fence, when you see one of his photos is in front of the Glory and you immediately hit "interested."

I really did this! Anybody else have unusual cruise addition stories?

You're on an online dating site for the first time, trying to decide if you want to move to the next communication phase as you're on the fence, when you see one of his photos is in front of the Glory and you immediately hit "interested."

I really did this! Anybody else have unusual cruise addition stories?

I did the same thing but when my wife found out I had to sleep on the couch for a month!:D

Bill

These are all just personal observations I have made and are all 100% true... pretty sad.

Your kids recognize Funship Freddy before Mickey Mouse...

You have your TA as #1 on your speeddial...

You see the "past guest cruise" prices and know you can do better...

You know before your TA about itinerary changes/ship repositions...

In your head you know the punch lines to almost all of the CD's ship jokes during the "Welcome Aboard" show...

Everyday you are looking for a cruise or airline "deal" that would entice you to go on another trip...

When you friends/family always seem to start a conversation with "so, when is your next cruise again? Didn't you just get back?"...

When you find yourslef arguing with someone by saying "No, Purell does NOT kill Norovirus" and you can back it up with reasoning...

When you talk about Tanzanite at home and nobody knows what you are talking about...

When you go to a liquor store an laugh when you see Kahlua is going for $25/liter...

After that, you justify in your head that you can hold off until your next cruise to buy a bottle of Kahlua...

When you are the only person in your family that has ever heard of "Broiled Supreme of Free Range Chicken"...

When you check all posts on Cruise Critic that is titled "Chocolate Melting Cake"...

When you actually have an educated opinion if the funnel deck should be "tops optional"...

When you find yourslef explaining to friends at home what the funnel deck is...

When you see some stranger at the mall wearing a Carnival T-Shirt and you immediately start a conversation with them. "So, when did you guys go?"...

After looking around the bedroom, you realize your wife has collected over 10 knock off Prada/Kate Spade bags, none of which she uses anymore...

When you get so lazy unpacking your bags after a cruise that you tell yourself, "nah, we can leave that in there... we won't use it again until our next cruise anyway"...

When you run into a CCL staff member on a ship and they remember your name from a previous cruise (this has happened 3 times!)...

On a Saturday afternoon around 4:30PM CT, you pull up the Wachovia Center webcam in Miami and watch the ships travel down the Goverment Cut to the ocean...

You are from the midwest and know what the Government Cut is...

When you find yourself saying "it's Tuesday, that means the Carnival Triumph is in St. Thomas today" (going to go check the Paradise Point webcam now).

Joe

You and your kids know all of the Carnival class ships, their sizes and differences and their deck plans and which ships and itineraries are at the closest ports to you.

Your kids would much rather go on a cruise than visit DisneyWorld. (Thankfully since it is cheaper for us!:D)

you stay stocked in Duncan or Betty Crockers Chocolate Lava cake, turn the lights down low and make your DF speak with an accent and serve it to you - and then dance to "feelin hot hot hot" on the table\

:D

This seriously made me laugh out loud. Reminds me of the time my husband and I got back from our first cruise ever when we were still in the dating phase and he had me over for dinner one night and surprised me with a recreation of the whole cruise dining experience....a 5 course meal, a nice tablecloth, he even provided after dinner entertainment singing and dancing all around the dining room. :D He wouldn't admit it at the time, but he was hooked on cruising. Now he freely admits it and tells anyone who will listen all about cruising!

This seriously made me laugh out loud. Reminds me of the time my husband and I got back from our first cruise ever when we were still in the dating phase and he had me over for dinner one night and surprised me with a recreation of the whole cruise dining experience....a 5 course meal, a nice tablecloth, he even provided after dinner entertainment singing and dancing all around the dining room. :D He wouldn't admit it at the time, but he was hooked on cruising. Now he freely admits it and tells anyone who will listen all about cruising!

We bought the bedding....'nuf said

You and your kids know all of the Carnival class ships, their sizes and differences and their deck plans and which ships and itineraries are at the closest ports to you.

Your kids would much rather go on a cruise than visit DisneyWorld. (Thankfully since it is cheaper for us!:D)

My son wants to move to Florida so we can cruise more often.

I also just ordered him a Carnival robe for sleepaway camp... that's the only one he wanted!

Twenty years from now, maybe we will be doing a cruise wedding.... who knows!

Twenty years from now, maybe we will be doing a cruise wedding.... who knows!

I had forgotten about that one!! DD who is 13 saw a wedding on our last cruise and wants that as well! Needless to say that sounds good to me. :D Probably be a lot cheaper. :p :D

Ok, we have copies of the menu's from Webshots, including the room service menu. We have them on the headboard of our bed and at night we lay in bed and play the "if you were ordering right now, what would you get?" Now is that demented or what? :D I also carry the 2007/2008 Carnival Cruise catalog around with me trying to figure out what's next. YIKES. Carnival and Cruise Critic are on my home page. :eek:

Ok, we have copies of the menu's from Webshots, including the room service menu. We have them on the headboard of our bed and at night we lay in bed and play the "if you were ordering right now, what would you get?"

My gosh, now THAT is something I am going to have to try at home!!!! My wife will have me committed....

Joe

Going to just start typing and see what else comes to mind as they apply to my life... You know you are addicted to cruising when...

All the pictures in 8 X 10 frames in your house have been taken on a ship...

You kids favorite game to play is to bring a blow up Carnival ship to you, point to it, and ask "where are we staying on our next cruise? Where is Camp Carnival?"...

Your kids sleep with that ridiculous blown-up ship like it's a doll...

When you find yourself after dinner at a nice resturaunt asking the waiter if the cappucino is free...

When you go to the dance competition and try comparing what you are seeing to shows on the ship...

When your TA calls after finding out about this thread and saying you need to join a 12 Step program

You have the idea of starting a 12 Step Program for cruise addicts. ("Friends of Funship Freddy." Watch for the shirts on the Triumph in Jan 08!)

Actually calling your sister and telling her to print up shirts that say "Friends of Funship Freddy", and SHE AGREES TO IT.

You find yourself searching the internet for the "bing, bing" sound when announcements are made on board (if someone has the URL, POST IT!)...

More later...

Joe

Archived