Links to Bermuda Bus and Ferry schedules

TPKeller

I don't see any times listed for bus #4 to Spanish Point. Anybody know at what times this bus leaves Hamilton?

Not sure why you wouldn't be able to see the Route 4 schedule. Both links provided earlier on this thread do open up to a list of the bus routes, and if you click on the Route 4 link, the full schedule comes up.

I just confirmed that both links are still working.

Theron

Not sure why you wouldn't be able to see the Route 4 schedule. Both links provided earlier on this thread do open up to a list of the bus routes, and if you click on the Route 4 link, the full schedule comes up.

I just confirmed that both links are still working.

Theron

Thanks for the tip. I looked at the list provided below the map and didn't see Route 4 on that list.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, great info here! Thanks, all !

Theron, your pics from the Empress are beautiful! We're cruising on her in mid-September. I see in your pics that you had a room with an obstructed view as will we. What are your thoughts about it? It's too late for us to upgrade, just curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks again!!!

Wow, great info here! Thanks, all !

Theron, your pics from the Empress are beautiful! We're cruising on her in mid-September. I see in your pics that you had a room with an obstructed view as will we. What are your thoughts about it? It's too late for us to upgrade, just curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the compliments! I guess an obstructed view is just that... better than no view at all, but not as good as a room with a view. (:D funny movie by the way!)

There was plenty of light, and the horizon was visible, so that was the most important to me. Not a first choice, but better than sitting at home on the couch.

Theron

• 3 weeks later...
Bermuda has one of the best public transportation systems I've ever seen, many residents use it as their primary means of transportation. There are no "school buses", school kids use the same bus system as commuters and tourists. If you get a multi-day pass, it is good for the ferry system as well. The fastest way to get from St. George's to the Dockyard at King's Wharf is by ferry, about 45 minutes.

There are brochures widely available in the terminals with the schedules, but I found it very helpful to be able to plan ahead before my trip. The two links below provide all the schedule information for the bus and ferry system. Each one starts out with a map, showing the routes and the stops they serve. From those color coded routes, you can click on the links to the detailed schedule. Make sure to pay attention to what day of the week it will be, there are different schedules for the weekends.

In Hamilton, it is about a 3 or 4 block walk from the ferry terminal to the bus terminal. Count on about 10 or 15 minutes for that. If you are coming into Hamilton by bus, many of the routes come in along Front Street and you can ring the bell and get off close to the ferry terminal. You'll need to check the map for your particular route.

Bus Schedule

Ferry Schedule

Some bus etiquette:

As the bus arrives, look to see if someone is getting off before you start to get on.

As you get on the bus, it is customary to greet the driver with a "good morning" or "good afternoon".

As you get off the bus, it is customary to say "Thank you" to the driver. They will almost always reply.

If you don't know exactly where your stop is, you can ask the driver to tell you, but I did this once on my last trip, and they forgot! So I had to walk back from the next stop.

Theron

It appears that the Bermuda Yellow Pages web site has changed the links to their schedules:

Bus Schedule

Ferry Schedule

The links in the first post of this thread are no longer working.

Theron

• 4 months later...

WE are going on our first ever cruise to Bermuda this August on Explorer of the Seas out of Port Liberty. Sadly, it's only for 5 days since that is the best we can do with our schedules right now. My travel agent indicated that the bus and ferry system is a great way to get around, which you have pointed out as well.

Any special pointers you can give to a newbie?

• 3 weeks later...

Theron-- Thanks for info on bus and ferry schedules. We are going to Bermuda at end of October, and will be their overnight on a Saturday & Sunday on Celebrity's Constellation. It will be late in the season and would appreciate any info about temps, beaches, things that might be open or closed. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello:

Me & my husband plan to arrive in ST. GEORGE by the Norweign Cruise ship.

How do you get the pass you need for the bus/ferry?

Or if you Just used the bus system - how do you pay for the ride?

We will have Us currency.

I didn't know if the Buses take US cash or if you have to have tokens.

I did notice in very small print on that Ferry/Bus Schedule that

the Ferries didn't accept cash.

Thanks for the help! :p

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Can you kindly give us the ady of your web page ;) would love to get additionnal info on Bermuda.

Many thanks

If you look back to earlier in this thread, I think they were talking about a web page set up for a specific cruise, perhaps a group of some sort... but that sailed this past April...

Theron

Bermuda has one of the best public transportation systems I've ever seen, many residents use it as their primary means of transportation. There are no "school buses", school kids use the same bus system as commuters and tourists. If you get a multi-day pass, it is good for the ferry system as well. The fastest way to get from St. George's to the Dockyard at King's Wharf is by ferry, about 45 minutes.

There are brochures widely available in the terminals with the schedules, but I found it very helpful to be able to plan ahead before my trip. The two links below provide all the schedule information for the bus and ferry system. Each one starts out with a map, showing the routes and the stops they serve. From those color coded routes, you can click on the links to the detailed schedule. Make sure to pay attention to what day of the week it will be, there are different schedules for the weekends.

In Hamilton, it is about a 3 or 4 block walk from the ferry terminal to the bus terminal. Count on about 10 or 15 minutes for that. If you are coming into Hamilton by bus, many of the routes come in along Front Street and you can ring the bell and get off close to the ferry terminal. You'll need to check the map for your particular route.

Bus Schedule

Ferry Schedule

Some bus etiquette:

As the bus arrives, look to see if someone is getting off before you start to get on.

As you get on the bus, it is customary to greet the driver with a "good morning" or "good afternoon".

As you get off the bus, it is customary to say "Thank you" to the driver. They will almost always reply.

If you don't know exactly where your stop is, you can ask the driver to tell you, but I did this once on my last trip, and they forgot! So I had to walk back from the next stop.

Theron

Yet once again, it appears that the Bermuda Yellow Pages has rearranged their web site. I sure do wish they would leave it alone!!

Here are the current links for the overview of the Bus and Ferry schedules:

Bus Schedule Overview

Ferry Schedule Overview

In both cases, you can click on the small map graphic to get a bigger version, which will show you more clearly which routes go where. From that information you can then click on the links on the overview page to get more details about that route. It's not as complicated as it sounds, but I think it used to be simpler.

The government web sites are also still working, but are a bit slower.

Government sites:

Bus Schedule

Ferry Schedule

On the government bus page, in the map legend, click on the color bar of the route you are interested in. On the ferry page, click on the Summer Ferry Schedule 2008 link to get a PDF file of all the ferry routes, which are displayed on a map on that same page.

Theron

Thanks for posting the (what seems to be ever changing :rolleyes: ) bus/ferry links! We are leaving for St George next week on the Dream and plan on visiting the caves. Probably because I am not very familiar with the island and don't know exactly where the caves are, I am having a hard time figuring out which bus route we will need to take!! Anyone know??

Many thanks!

Linda

• 2 months later...

We'll only be in Bermuda a few hours, boat docks at the Dockyard. Do the buses take US $ or do you have to change it first? And are taxi's per person or per cab?

We'd like stop at a beach, just for a look, and make a stop at the Swizzle Inn. Is that on the bus route all in the same direction???

Thanks

We'll only be in Bermuda a few hours, boat docks at the Dockyard. Do the buses take US $ or do you have to change it first? And are taxi's per person or per cab?

We'd like stop at a beach, just for a look, and make a stop at the Swizzle Inn. Is that on the bus route all in the same direction???

Thanks

Hi there. US dollars are accepted on the island. We just buy a bus/ferry pass at the tourist information centers. You'll need to take two buses or the ferry and then the bus to get to the Swizzle Inn. The bus to the Swizzle Inn leaves from Hamilton. I wouldn't recommend using a taxi in Bermuda unless you don't mind spending a lot of money.

Hi there. US dollars are accepted on the island. We just buy a bus/ferry pass at the tourist information centers. You'll need to take two buses or the ferry and then the bus to get to the Swizzle Inn. The bus to the Swizzle Inn leaves from Hamilton. I wouldn't recommend using a taxi in Bermuda unless you don't mind spending a lot of money.

To the original Swizzle Inn, yes, but they have added a second one on the South Shore road, which can be reached by taking Bus Route 7 from the Dockyard. As with all the main attractions, just politely ask the driver to announce when you get there, and they are usually very happy to do so.

You can see the new Swizzle Inn on my Bermuda Overview map, but it isn't in the initial view. You can click on the link under the map titled "The Swizzle Inn South Shore", and the map will move and show it.

Unfortunately, Google has still not yet fixed their problem with the satellite view when you zoom "out" farther than the default when you first load the map.

Theron

I can't imagine she would want to go to anything other than the "original" Swizzle Inn.

Hard to say, but I would suppose that if it were a choice between a Rum Swizzle at the newer, closer Inn, or no Rum Swizzle at all...

:)

Theron

Hard to say, but I would suppose that if it were a choice between a Rum Swizzle at the newer, closer Inn, or no Rum Swizzle at all...

:)

Theron

That's true. Although I still think getting to the original Swizzle Inn is worth the effort. :)

• 5 months later...

We will be arriving in July via Princess. I believe we arrive at the dockyard. I have read the posts and am confused as some talk about the bus system and the ferry and/or a combination of the two.

I would like to go to the "dunes" - the path from Warwick Long bay to Horseshoe Bay. Am I right that we would not need to take a ferry just a bus? I believe I read to take the express bus or any #7 bus. Will either of these stop at Warwick?

Thanks for helping to clarify things.

We will be arriving in July via Princess. I believe we arrive at the dockyard. I have read the posts and am confused as some talk about the bus system and the ferry and/or a combination of the two.

I would like to go to the "dunes" - the path from Warwick Long bay to Horseshoe Bay. Am I right that we would not need to take a ferry just a bus? I believe I read to take the express bus or any #7 bus. Will either of these stop at Warwick?

Thanks for helping to clarify things.

Its an express bus to Horseshoe its a number 7 express I think. The other 7's make all the stops. No you don't need to take the Ferry but you can also take a bus into town and take the ferry back for a little side trip.

I posted an interactive map in the other thread on the Bermuda board and it shows all these

• 4 weeks later...

Government sites:

Bus Schedule

Ferry Schedule

On the government bus page, in the map legend, click on the color bar of the route you are interested in. On the ferry page, click on the Summer Ferry Schedule 2009 link to get a PDF file of all the ferry routes, which are displayed on a map on that same page.

I was just looking at these sites that had been linked in earlier posts for the 2009 Ferry schedule. The Government site has the new schedule, but the Bermuda Yellow Pages site still has the schedule from 2008. They may update it at some point, but for now, the Government site has the current Ferry schedule.

Theron

Your link is to the 2008 schedule. There is newer one for 2009 and it is different. See goverment link in TPKeller's post above this one.

Archived