Waterproof Case

Hi gang-

Cruise Critic also offers one called the Beach Safe for under $6. Click on CC Logowear in the banner towards the top of the page. Not sure how well they work, but they are on this very website if you are interested! :D

I wanted to purchase a waterproof container for my digital camera so that we all could go into the water. Being a SCUBA diver, I know that there are cases that will allow cameras to go 70ft deep.

When to my local sport goods store (Major chain D**k's) and found a "water proof" bag device that would hold my camera. The advertising on front indicated it would hold cell phones, ipods, etc. Ok, to me waterproof means that I could dunk it in water - and the inside would stay dry. Reading the information on the back label, said not to let the pouch get waterlogged - it would leak!! (This is waterproof???)

I went to my local dive shop and purchased a guaranteed water proof container!

Hi gang-

Cruise Critic also offers one called the Beach Safe for under $6. Click on CC Logowear in the banner towards the top of the page. Not sure how well they work, but they are on this very website if you are interested! :D

Here they are, right here on Cruise Critic -- http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=26

hi Irishgirl 1230, I am a big fan of Aquapac. They make an awesome waterproof pouch. They range from really small, (just big enough for your ship card, credit card and a few bucks), to backpacks. We have a few of them, one that has a clasp that attaches to a bathing suit strap, or the pocket of trunks, and one that has an armband that is just a little bigger, (that way you always have an eye on it). They also have camera pouches that have crystal clear front and back to take great underwater pictures! We just got that one, can't wait to try it. They have a website (aquapac.com), or you can find them at LLBean, or REI both outdoor stores. Also, if you try Leisure Pro (website), they carry more brands and a wonderful selection. A bit pricey but well worth it. Good Luck

Good afternoon everyone! I'll be cruising the Valor to the Western Caribbean in September. Since there will be quite a few water excursions, I was looking for some recommendations on the type of water proof case anyone has used.. just something small and reasonably priced to carry S&S card, ID, some money etc. If anyone has a site to suggest, it would be appreciated.

They sell them for less than $5 on the ship (with carnival logo).

edit - someone beat me to the punch on that answer. the one bad thing about these is that if you wear them in some oceans, the carnival logo will run and blur. still work fine and a good deal.

I can't believe you all spent so much on water wallets! :eek: I got mine from Fry's but I have seen them at Wal-Mart and Target. It was $1.50 and works great! No color choices, just yellow, but it has the lanyard to wear around your neck or tie to a wrist or swim suit. Don't waist your money! Go to the camping or water toys section. Heck, I bet you could find the same thing at the dollar store! If you are worried about it failing, put the items in a ziplock and then put them in the case. Heck, if you want even extra protection, wrap some rubberbands around it too. ;) Maybe I am cheap (ok, I know I am cheap :D ) but I just can't see why you would spend so much on plastic case. :rolleyes:

Esababy

Archived