Aloha Deck A-347

dlburns36

We were in A339 (directly across from the elevators) on the Coral a couple of years ago and never heard or felt anything related to the elevators.

The cabins on the ships we have been on seem to have really good sound-deadening material in the walls, as we've not had any problems with sounds from nextdoor cabins. Occasionally we have heard people in the passageway outside our door, but only when someone is being exceptionally loud.

• 2 years later...

Did you stay in room a347 Island Princess.? I just got back from Alaska and stayed in this room on Island Princess. Worst room ever. Constant noise--especially at night from hot tub cycling every 20 seconds throught the night above the room while on clean cycle. Better during day but still not good. Princess should not rent this room to anyone. I am not the first person who has experienced this problem. Princess continues to rent this room even with known problem. Worst yet they denied having a problem with room until I found link on internet to problems with this room.

Travellover-thank you for reporting that issue. I wish CC would let us keep a sticky on the top of each forum with cabins to be avoided. I think pool machinery noise is the hardest to determine. I mean, if you're right below the kitchen area of the buffet, or at the front of the ship by the anchor chain, you know you're going to have a certain amount of noise at least some of the time. But pool machinery....we've had several inside cabins under the pool area (actually, if you think about it, the pool is on the other side of the inside cabin wall...kind of freaky). We've been lucky...ours have always been church-quiet except for island night parties, which typically happen once a cruise. But, in walking to our cabin, we would hear pool machinery noise very loud in the hallway, and we knew that the poor soul in the cabin next to the pool machinery room never got any peace.

We had a similar thing happen on the Golden Princess. We were in an inside on Caribe deck, 203 I think, right near the front of the ship. Only because we went to a Behind the Scenes stage tour did we know why that cabin was soooo loud. A narrow area above the Princess Theater is open up to the Caribe deck...props are pulled up there to be stored until needed. Thus, the ceiling of the theater is open up to Caribe deck. We heard every outbreak of laughter, let alone every note of music in our cabin. It was ridiculous, and until we boarded, we thought we were safe...we had cabins above us and cabins below us, and the bulkhead right next to us (we thought). Nope, there was that air space used for prop storage.

To the OP...we've never had a cabin next to the elevator, but reading CC for years has led me believe that the only troublesome noise comes from groups of people waiting in the elevator lobby for an elevator.

We were in A339 (directly across from the elevators) on the Coral a couple of years ago and never heard or felt anything related to the elevators.

The cabins on the ships we have been on seem to have really good sound-deadening material in the walls, as we've not had any problems with sounds from nextdoor cabins. Occasionally we have heard people in the passageway outside our door, but only when someone is being exceptionally loud.

Flamomo:

That's the cabin we'll be in going to Panama in Dec. Glad to hear you liked it. Went from a BH gty to a BB--A339. Was hoping it would be a good one. We were PH aft on NCL Star to Alaska and loved it. Wasn't sure how moving "down the hall" would be. How was the ocean motion? DH has a little problem with that. Thanks for your input.

Archived