Princess secrets...

lysolqn

Here are the directions to the elusive CB mini put.

It's on the Sky deck...Go the the back of the ship (only accessable from the back elevators) and take the elevator all the way up!

When you get off the elevator, there is a door straight ahead that has a small sign for Princess Links, open the door and go up!

On the Tahitian Princess last week we were able to order the evening meal (lobster tails etc)from Room Service and eat it on our balcony. Great for when you don't want to dress up for formal night.:rolleyes: They even offered to read the menu off to me. Everything was delivered hot, and presented just like in the dining room.

The point is - this thread already exists at the top of the page! By Members for Members.

The last post on that sticky was November 2005--perhaps it is time for some new secrets.

On our recent Panama Canal cruise, I found out that sliced mangos are available for breakfast upon request in the dining room

(don't remember if they were available for the other meals). Something else, their cheese plates are amazing, with different combinations each evening. I requested a plate "to go" for snacking and kept the plate in our fridge.

Be sure to pack sandwich sized baggies! They come in handy.

Speaking of baggies, I use the sandwich size for one-loads-worth of powder clothes detergent for the laundromat. I also pack dryer sheets. Saves a lot of $$$ and makes the suitcases smell good.

This "secret" isn't new (and not exclusive to any cruise line), but many folks don't think about it until it's too late. We always pack two travel mugs "with handles." That way you can go to the buffet in the morning, and bring back to the balcony, two mugs of coffee (or whatever) holding them both with one hand. That leaves a hand free for a plate of fruits, muffins, etc. Plus, it doesn't spill and it stays hot a lot longer.

Here's a little secret.... wait if I tell it's no longer a secret - is it?..:rolleyes:

But, here's a little tidbit, you can ask your waiter for little pastries, scrumptous petit fours.

Which are not mentioned on the menu....

Shhh! Remember it's our little secret.....;)

We are elite cruisers............going to be 19...........196 days at sea. Reading Cruise Critic and crusing on PRINCESS................I second all the above information. On our last ten day Alaskan cruise a year ago I can tell you I lost 8 pounds by using all the prior information,,,,,,,,berries, veggies and special plates made just for me....................the kitchen will do anything you want............I never ate from the menu, except to order fish, then added all the fruit and veggie plates,,,,,,,,,I ate appetizers, salads, and desserts always berries, mangoes, papaya, etc. It was fabulous; we are booked for 20 days on Island in Sept. and I am looking forward to losing 14 pounds. When the stocked bar was in the room I ordered all stuff taken out and two cases of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Princess is so helpful and accommodating. We got bridge tour by just asking the consultant on board for Captains Circle and also invitations to special dinners, lunches, etc. Canapes before formal nite in room can be ordered differently, too. Going through Panama Canal on Regal we found special door on Baja deck from reading CC to watch and take pics from...................it so fun reading the tricks to trade as such. Room stewards will do most anything to accomodate special situations for you, too. I always like cranberry juice first thing in the am so he delivered at nite and put in fridge..................to take pills with. Little bits of info on the ports come from room stewards, too, we often give little gifts they tell us they would like at a low cost store or grocery when we get in port.......then we find the out of way places. Yea. The room steward will help pack items you buy to walk off the ship with.........especially if you are driving or shuttling directly home. So I will keep reading and reading to feed my insatiable appetite for crusing...................sailinsal

One secret that Princess doesn't tell their passengers is that they now stop at Crown Bay in St Thomas and not the pier in Charlotte Amalie as they previously did. Nothing much open at the new port and it will cost you $8 round trip to shop at Havensight where you once could get off the ship and walk to for free. The only way we knew about the new pier was from reading it here on Cruise Critic. Princess isn't telling anyone.

When we cruised in April on the Carribean Princess, we were at Magen's Bay and trying to get a taxi back to the ship. Other ships were in port at the other dock (Havensight). The taxi drivers just asked if we wanted to go back to the ship. They ignored us when we said we wanted to go to Crown Bay but the taxi was full of other passengers going to the other dock. If we hadn't stressed the dock we wanted to go to we would have arrived at the wrong dock. I think the taxi drivers didn't want to get tied up in traffic at Charlotte Amalie to get to Crown Bay. We took a taxi to Charlotte Amalie and then got another taxi to take us to the ship. We hadn't cruised for three years and were shocked a how much the taxi rates had gone up on all of the islands. Not surprising with the price of gas. We really had a great time in all of the ports. Loking forward to the Crown Princess in July.

In the dining rooms you can order mutiples on the food. Let's say I want 2 shrimp cocktails or 3 different deserts. Or, a side of french fries that is not even on the menu. Go for it.

If I ordered 3 "deserts" I would go for the Mojave, Sahara, and Kalahari.

It is a fact that the only place to get a fresh brewed coffee is at the international cafe. Buy a coffee card and drink real Jamacian Blue mountain. All other eating areas of the ship use coffee syrup.

Does every ship have an international cafe? Where is this on the Island?

When we cruised in April on the Carribean Princess, we were at Magen's Bay and trying to get a taxi back to the ship. Other ships were in port at the other dock (Havensight). The taxi drivers just asked if we wanted to go back to the ship. They ignored us when we said we wanted to go to Crown Bay but the taxi was full of other passengers going to the other dock. If we hadn't stressed the dock we wanted to go to we would have arrived at the wrong dock. I think the taxi drivers didn't want to get tied up in traffic at Charlotte Amalie to get to Crown Bay. We took a taxi to Charlotte Amalie and then got another taxi to take us to the ship. We hadn't cruised for three years and were shocked a how much the taxi rates had gone up on all of the islands. Not surprising with the price of gas. We really had a great time in all of the ports. Loking forward to the Crown Princess in July.

Yes it is true they dock far from downtown, last cruise on CB they docked

right within walking distance to downtown and yes taxi's have gotten

quite expensive to/from Magens Bay or downtown. Our taxi driver had other taxi's yelling at him because he butted in line.

go to Emerald deck, frwd, walk thru the door marked emergency exit, next door says "Caution, strong winds possible" then you step right out onto the front of the ship where you can watch the sunset (breathtaking) or have a cocktail with your loved one. They promptly but courtously close at sunset.

Bring your cameras!!!!

Also, the very back pool is shaded during the day and so peaceful you easily fall asleep.

On your balcony be sure to look at the stars, they too are a sight to see.

Archived