Princess secrets...

lysolqn

There is a small pool all the way at the back of the ship. You can see the gym from it. But there is a bar nearby, two hot tubs, and best of all...its very very quiet. Enjoy :)

I dont know if you are talking about the Terrace Pool , but there is another very small very private pool behind the spa. It is a little tricky to find because you have to go through the spa to get to it. You can not reach it from the open deck. ;)

Each ship library has free bookmarks laid out somewhere in the library. Each ship has the name of the ship printed on it. I collect some from each ship and keep one or two for myself for a keepsake. You can laminate them when you get home.

If you dont see them laid out, ask one of the crew to get some for you.:)

Is there Martini tasting night on Princess Crown ?

we had a sampler martini 6 small to medium size martinis on the Celebrity Summit last year on our way to Hawaii.

Fun Fun Fun from what I remember of it !!!!!!!

Is there Martini tasting night on Princess Crown ?

we had a sampler martini 6 small to medium size martinis on the Celebrity Summit last year on our way to Hawaii.

Fun Fun Fun from what I remember of it !!!!!!!

I haven't encountered a martini tasting on Princess...but I agree with you...I thought the one on Celebrity was great...still have my cocktail shaker as a souvenir

PelicanPete mentioned that recently, while on the Tahitian Princess, they were able to order dining room menu selections from Room Service for delivery to their cabin. I know we've done that in the past, but had thought that service was no longer available; that you could only order from the Room Service Menu. Is it a ship-specific amenity? We'll be on the Island in Oct 07 (Panama Canal).

Isn't this the reason that cruise lines have tightened the rules regarding bringing liquor on board? I think it's quite tacky to bring drinks from your cabin to the public areas-especially the dining room and lounges.

I thought they'd already paid their cruise fare. I didn't know they also had to buy wine from the ship to gain access to public areas. ;)

They look just like every other person carrying wine glasses around the ship. But... wait ...that means that others you thought were drinking ship's wine could be drinking, horror of horrors, wine they bought somewhere else! :eek:

Don't worry, you'll be able to spot me being tacky. I'm the one drinking DP straight from the bottle outside of my stateroom.

Interestingly, though, when we were on the Grand, we got tired of the waitstaff looking down their noses at us for not ordering from the bar and opting for water or milk. When we took our own sodas in glasses into dinner, they were much sweeter. I guess they assumed those came from a bar. That's the only time waitstaff has treated us badly for not drinking alcohol, which is a religious choice.

-There are usually some different brain teasers to be found free in the library each day. My DH and I enjoy doing these on sea days with our drink of choice. These are paper and pencil tasks.

-Answer the questions from the morning show or in the Patter. They really do give out useful prizes. I use my water bottle that has the place for the ice thing everyday at the gym and it makes me work harder for my next cruise. I realize it wasn't a prize but it was fun to name the whatever number of ships there are in the Princess Fleet.

If you order after dinner liquors, you can keep the little glasses. By the end of the Tahitian Princess Cruise all at our table had a complete set. If you are in the OS, get afternoon tea every day. You can pick your snack from a variety of goodies. Enjoy room service breakfast if you want to be spoiled. Only thing I wish for is massages on the balcony. You can chose from a variety of DVD's for at sea relaxing. Very Important!! If you have food allergies, tell the Maitre 'd. You will be able to preview the next days menu and make your choices. Your food will be specially prepared without the culprit ingredient. Very accomodating in the dining room. You can order from the menu or ask for specially prepared food. The staff just does it.

Don't worry, you'll be able to spot me being tacky. I'm the one drinking DP straight from the bottle outside of my stateroom.

I guess I'm tacky too! The ship doesn't serve Pepsi, so we bring a case along with us, and always carry a can for lunch and dinner. If someone is going to look down their nose for me for that, well, I don't need to be friends with them anyway.

My DW and I leave for our first cruise this Sunday (6/17). We are going North on the Coral in Alaska :D . Do any of these tips about the hidden decks apply to the Coral? If so where are they? Thanks :) !

On the Caribe deck there is a lovely observation deck with deck chairs. This is not a private deck, but few seem to know about it. Lovely place to watch the wake.

Does the Caribbean Princess have any hidden viewing decks, for the general public, in the aft? I've been wondering what those blank areas are in the aft on the emerald and dophin decks.

One of the best areas on this ship is the aft adult pool area (but not exactly hidden). There are also loungers on a smaller level above the pool area, which you can see from the pool. I wouldnt exactly call these viewing decks, but if you take the lido deck all the way forward, there are a set of doors you can go through to reach the very front of the ship.

Just returned from the Sapphire Princess. The hallway carpet on the port side has a pink border and the starboard side had a light blue border. This was especially helpful early in the trip when we were always using different elevators and it made it so easy to see at a glance which way we needed to turn. NCL also used a different border on each side of the ship, so this must be a standard practice and maybe not even a secret except to a novice like myself! ;)

If you want popcorn at MUTS in the evening, you'll have to find where it is and get it yourself. It is usually on the same deck as the pool. Be sure to add salt as they don't salt it much.

has this changed? they brought the popcorn to us in Jan. on the Caribbean P. Speaking of MUTS....be careful when choosing a seat, sometimes the cushions are still wet from the daytime swimmers and you don't realize it until you sit down. Two times on the same sailing, had a very wet bottom:p

This isn't Princess specific but we always get a few of the disposable raincoats from Target (88 cents in the camping area). They easily fit in my purse or a pocket for the unexpected showers. Much easier to carry then umbrellas.

The FAQ thread was locked so that's why there's no recent posts. Seems a shame.

I agree. I wish they would re-open the thread. Have no idea why it was locked.

Marilyn

Archived