URGENT HELP! - Anchorage Hotel

crest

Hi folks!

We really need your help, we're trapped in a horrible place in Anchorage, it stinks and everything is dirty. We will sleep here now and drive up to Denali for a couple nights.

We're looking for a place to stay on June 12th. just one night near downtown, something about $100 USD.

If you have any suggestions we would appreciate them.

Thanks,

Marco

Hi folks!

We really need your help, we're trapped in a horrible place in Anchorage, it stinks and everything is dirty. We will sleep here now and drive up to Denali for a couple nights.

We're looking for a place to stay on June 12th. just one night near downtown, something about $100 USD.

Thanks,

Marco

Oh my! I have never been there but surely someone from the area will be able to help. Please tell me it isnt the Springhill Suites. We stay there at the end of the month. Best of luck to you.

It is very hard to get a room in Anchorage for $100.00 or less during the summer season. Since you have a car, try staying out in Eagle River (about 10 miles from Anchorage on the Glenn Highway).

There's both a Microtel and the Eagle River Motel.

Hi folks thanks for your help.

Yes, indeed we have a car and can find something a bit outside downtown.

Of course we're not looking for a fancy hotel, just a clean place to sleep... I will call the ones you mentioned to see if they have something available.

You can try hotwire or priceline (they give you the price and the quality level of the hotel, as well as some if not all of the amenities. Not sure how many are in your party, but right now Hotwire has nothing available (doesn't surprise me for tourist season booking this late).

What hotel were you at that you didn't like? Was it Days Inn by any chance?

Try Elderberry B&B. We stayed there in May and it was wonderful. Norman and Linda are perfect hosts and make a great breakfast. They have 3 rooms to stay in. Their number is 907-243-6968

Best of luck to you.

Hi folks!

Thanks,

Marco

If you are willing to stay at hostel, there are several nice hostels w/ reasonable price.

Jason's International Youth Hostel

dorm only for 06/16

Arctic Adventure Hostel

http://www.hostelbookers.com/booking/index.cfm?fuseaction=hosteldetails&hostel=9339

$40.00

Try Elderberry B&B. We stayed there in May and it was wonderful. Norman and Linda are perfect hosts and make a great breakfast. They have 3 rooms to stay in. Their number is 907-243-6968

Best of luck to you.

We have heard this place is just perfect.

Two thumbs up.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I just emailed Elderberry and Teddy Bear.

We're staying at The Artic Hostel... in a private room, the room smells strange, I'd call it sweat or moho, but the owner says it's because the carpet is new and has a chemical treatment... anyway we're not comfortable staying there.

We're college students so we cannot afford an expensive hotel, we're just looking for something clean and comfortable to sleep.

By the way I'm in Denali right now and the weather is really nice! it's sunny with a few clouds outside.

We're college students so we cannot afford an expensive hotel, we're just looking for something clean and comfortable to sleep.

By the way I'm in Denali right now and the weather is really nice! it's sunny with a few clouds outside.

If you are willing to hostel it, the Spenard hostel is pretty nice. My young employees have stayed there and I have heard no complaints. $22.00pp per night.

http://www.alaskahostel.org/

Here is a link to other hostels in Anchorage.

http://www.hostels.com/en/us.ak.an.html

Archived