23 years later - i got my cruise credit!

23 years ago I sailed on Song of America (which sounds so wrong - cuz that cruise was a 13th bday present from my parents - and i REFUSE to believe that 23 years ago i was 13 - it seems more like 10 years!) anyways, about a year ago i emailed rci crown and anchor and asked them to add it - they said their records didn't go back that far - but if i had a picture of me in front of the ship i could sent it to them and they would see what they could do. well, i have a ton of pictures - but none with the name of the ship. well, i kind of gave up. but tonight i was bored and just called to sign my dd up for the kids c and a and asked about adding the old trip. she said no problem - so it's done!!!!!!!!!

Kathy

I had a similar problem and they didn't ask for s specific picture in front of the ship they said anything that would show RCL so i sent an embarkation picture where their photogrpher takes your pic in front of their sign.:D

Good for you!

I'm missing crusies that they just can not varify and neither can I. Who KNEW that I would need the info at a later time. .. I was New to cruisng. :-( I have SOME info from the Nordic Prince and Song of Norway and Sun Viking.... but not enough. So...... I'm still a Diamond...... working towards Diamond Plus (but I think we should already be.) Oh well.

Glad you got a problem resolved.

When I joined C&A at the beginning, they said they didn't have computer records going back far enough (1973...ha!), so they said if I knew the month, year and ship, that was good enough. For some reason they have THAT information. Bless my DH for his amazing memory for trivia, because he rattled them all off for me and I called back, and got credit for all of them!

What ticks me off is we did a 15-nighter 10/27/02, and they didn't start giving double credits for over 12-nights until 1/2003. I missed it by about 45 days.:mad:

23 years ago I sailed on Song of America (which sounds so wrong - cuz that cruise was a 13th bday present from my parents

Twenty three years ago this very week, I was on Song of America on my honeymoon for my first ever cruise. Time flies when you're having fun cruising!

Twenty three years ago this very week, I was on Song of America on my honeymoon for my first ever cruise. Time flies when you're having fun cruising!

I think I win <g>. My honeymoon was on Song of America in November of 1983. Since then we've been on Navigator twice, Freedom, and Liberty. Wow, what a difference! We love, love, love crusing on RCCL.

When I joined C&A at the beginning, they said they didn't have computer records going back far enough (1973...ha!), so they said if I knew the month, year and ship, that was good enough. For some reason they have THAT information.

This is how it worked for me too. I went on Nordic Empress back in April of 1991, and I happened to know the exact date because it was exactly 3 days after my DH and I started dating, waaaaaay back when! LOL So I knew the departure date, how long it was, and where the ship went.

I had pictures of myself in front of Song of Norway and Song 0f America and a listing for myself and DH on the passenger manifest for my 2nd cruise on Song of America, all back in the '80's and I got credit for all 3 cruises. RCI records only go back as far as about 1990. I knew I was saving all my old memoribilia for a good reason.

I thought I had cruised on RCCL back in the late 80's. So, when I told the C&A agent that I had taken a 14 night panama canal cruise in 1988 on RCCL, I thought I was being truthful...

I do have lots and lots of pictures and even the passenger list from the ship and other momento's...

But the trip was on the Crown odessy - part of NCLs fleet....

I decided to keep the credit I got from C&A anyways!

SHHHHHH

I got credit for all our cruises added and all I knew was the date of the first one (our honeymoon) and the 3rd one was the summer my daughter graduated from high school, they gave me credit for the 1 in between also that I could only remember was to the Caribbean, the 1st and 3rd were to Bermuda. Now we just cruise every year so it's easier to keep count.

I think it depends on who you get when you call, some seem much more lenient than others.

WOW! Congrats. I've been fighting this battle for almost as long. I sailed a lot in the early 80's on RCI and I too don't have photos in front of the ship. I've lost them all. I think there were five of them. Sigh.

Archived