Best cruiseline for mid 20 year olds?

armyswthrt15

Hi all! Just wondering what you all think is the best cruiseline for mid 20 year olds. My boyfriend and I are looking to get away when he returns from Iraq - we're not crazy partiers or anything, but also don't want to be surrounded by kids/families 24/7. What line would you recommend?

Also, we're looking into the eastern caribbean - has anyone been on one...going on one? We're trying to decide, but there's soooo much information! Any tips?!? Thanks! :)

I would suggest either Royal Caribbean or Carnival. Royal Caribbean has less partiers than Carnival but both are fun. As to kids unless you are going in the summer or over a school holiday there won't be too many kids on board.

Also, it sounds like you boyfriend is in the military and both RCI and Carnival offer military discounts.

I would suggest either Royal Caribbean or Carnival. Royal Caribbean has less partiers than Carnival but both are fun. As to kids unless you are going in the summer or over a school holiday there won't be too many kids on board.

Also, it sounds like you boyfriend is in the military and both RCI and Carnival offer military discounts.

Yep, he is...Army. I just saw that there are military discounts! Thanks! :)

I would recommend Royal Caribbean. I started cruising them at 19 and my husband was 25. I am now 26 and my husband is 32. We are not big fans of Carnival. (We've sailed them twice and haven't gone back....and won't) We have sailed RCCL 8 times and it would take a lot for us to try another line....you'll love it! We like to cruise the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas...very few kids.

Have a great time whatever you choose!

Sam :D

Perfect! I've cruised twice - once with Carnival (I was 15 so anything was cooooool to me!) and then just last year with a few friends on RC and we had a great time. There weren't too many kids, but everyone kept telling us we should've gone Carnival so I thought I'd get some opinions. Looks like we're in the clear - we're looking to go sometime in December. :)

Perfect! I've cruised twice - once with Carnival (I was 15 so anything was cooooool to me!) and then just last year with a few friends on RC and we had a great time. There weren't too many kids, but everyone kept telling us we should've gone Carnival so I thought I'd get some opinions. Looks like we're in the clear - we're looking to go sometime in December. :)

We're on Explorer December 14-23, 2007. It's out of New Jersey and the prices are very reasonable for the legnth. Should you decide to join us, we have a very active roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=437990&page=143

I should also mention, we cruised Norwegian as well. We loved the ship (the SS Norway, which is no longer in service) but felt the service lacking. It's RCCL for us!!!!

If you need anything else, just ask :)

Sam :D

i chose Princess for me (21) and my boyfriend (24).

good prices, great itinerary (E Caribe), departing from NY so we don't have to fly, and right before school starts so there shouldn't be too many kids around.

i'm happy with my decision - let's hope it stays that way! ;)

• 1 month later...

kafitty - when you get back from your Princess cruise, please update me on the age spread. My fiance and I booked a Princess cruise for this November/December and I've heard that Princess is mostly for an older crowd. I'm 25 and my fiance is 35. I'm hoping there will be other passengers our age on board.

Archived