Oosterdam Amenities

paint

Well, the Sept. 26 (from Vancouver) re-positioning cruise of the Oosterdam is fast approaching and my wife has a couple of questions to folks who have recently sailed on this vessel. Have the new hair dryers been installed and are they satisfactory for drying thick hair? This may have been covered in a previous thread, but having little interest in the subject, I missed it - a damp wash cloth and a very small towel are all I require!

Also are tissues (Kleenex, etc.) provided?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

:)

When we were on the Oosterdam in Feb/Mar the hairdryers were the n\ones installed when the ship was built. Since we were in a suite, the hair dryer was in the top drawer in the dressing room table. It was very good. I doubt if they have up-graded those dryers.

As for kleenex - you can get as many boxes of tissues as you need - but it is not the Kleenex brand. The tissues are smaller in size than the regular Kleenex brand.

:)

All cabins on Oosterdam have the new hairdryers. Also, plenty of Kleenex. I bring my own makeup remover cotton balls, though.

You might want to consider bringing an extension cord as the outlets are few and far between in the cabins.

I also suggest that you bring a can of Lysol Spray and a bunch of ziplock bags in varying sizes.

Your ship will have left Alaska and you want to be sure that there is no "Norwalk Like Flu" virus hiding in your cabin... hense the Lyson Spray.

Ziplocks are for the sandwiches that you can have made in advance of an afternoon shore excursion. Some of your ports might not have the best selection of restaurants.

What a great trip you will have.

Thanks a bunch for the info & suggestions. We are really looking forward to the trip as we have not cruised for several years. The "O" is not a Mega-Liner by todays standard but it is still a lot bigger than any ship that we have sailed on in the past. It will be interesting to enjoy the amenities that are now considered normal for all new ships.

Tom

We were on the O in June. I found the hairdryer totally inadequate at that time. Very little heat and having to hold the power switch down made it virtually impossible for me to use. Are they replacing them? Fortunately, my husband brought his along. My hair is longer and fairly thick, so my experience may not be the average.

Valerie, I felt the same way about the Oo hair dryer and I have short hair that dries very quickly. Having to hold down the power switch was awful and made drying hair even quickly very uncomfortable and I had to turn it off and on to rest my finger. I asked the friends we made in the next cabin how they felt and it was the same. She included a lengthy paragraph about the dryers in her comments/suggestions. Also hated that it was stationary in a dressing room drawer. :mad:

Archived