Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne

BoysSkiMom

Anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne? How was it? Also, any tips on fun interesting "do not miss" things to do would be appreciated. Thanks.

BoysSkiMom

Homelines Atlantic 8/88

Norwegian Seaward 3/89

Celebrity Galaxy 4/00

RCI Enchantment 11/00

Celebrity Summit 4/04

I love this hotel. My friends and I stayed there 2 years ago and had a great experience. In fact, we liked it so much, we stayed there again 1 month ago on a return trip. GREAT location. It's 1 block off Bourbon Street, which is good because it's so close to everything, but far enough away that you can actually get a good, quiet night's sleep. It is within easy walking distance of Acme Oyster House and Deanie's Seafood, 2 wonderful restaurants. Has a beautiful courtyard with pool and several lounge chairs. Highly recommended!

~Ashley

BoysSkiMom--

By the way, as far as things to do, I'd have to know the ages of the people going to be able to tell you some good things to do. If you're traveling with children, that will definitely change the itinerary! I absolutely love New Orleans, and I'd be happy to give you suggestions for both adults and children. icon_smile.gif

~Ashley

Thanks for the info Ashley. We are heading down for a long weekend in May without the kids. We will be with a group of about 18 adults celebrating a friends 50th birthday. The group ranges from early 40's to 50's. We have reserved two restaurants and are planning to do a lunch jazz cruise so far. How are the swamp tours? Are they worth the time? Some of the haunted tours look interesting as do a couple of museums. Thought we would skip the aquarium and zoo this time and maybe visit another time with the kids. Any "don't miss" fun night spots? Since our visit is short we want to make the most of it and definitely do some things we may not do if we had the kids with us. Thanks again!

BoysSkiMom

Homelines Atlantic 8/88

Norwegian Seaward 3/89

Celebrity Galaxy 4/00

RCI Enchantment 11/00

Celebrity Summit 4/04

Which restaurants have you reserved? One of my favorites is Commander's Palace. OUTSTANDING. They have service, quality, and presentation down to a science! Also, I like breakfast at Brennan's a lot. Kind-of a New Orleans ritual. A little pricey for breakfast, but the food is great. As you can tell, I love to eat, and New Orleans is a good place for it!

I have not taken a swamp tour. However, a couple of friends of mine have, and they had a lot of fun. They were even able to hold a baby alligator. My friends and I took a ghost tour on our last visit in March. I don't remember the name of the tour company (there are so many), but the tour met at Flanagan's Irish Pub. It lasted 2 hours. The first hour was just OK. The guide took us around to a few "haunted" areas and told us ghost stories. The second hour was pretty spooky, though. We went to a building where a horrible murder happened on the 4th floor in 1998, and it's still unsolved. I won't tell you any more in case you take this tour, but rest assured, it was a little scary!

My suggestion for a 'do not miss'... The D-Day Museum. It is amazing. It is divided into 2 parts: the war in Europe and the war in the Pacific. There are also 2 films featured in their theater that should not be missed if you are interested.

As far as more 'adult' places, there are more bars on Bourbon Street than you can shake a stick at! A couple of my favorites are Pat O'Brien's, which is right off Bourbon, and Tropical Isle. If you go to Pat O'Brien's around 7pm, you shouldn't have a problem getting in without waiting in line. I like the Tropical Isle because they have a balcony overlooking Bourbon Street, and I've never seen it too crowded. I can't figure it out. Try a hand grenade to drink there.

The Cat's Meow on Bourbon is very fun. It's a karaoke bar. Actually, if you get on

www.nola.com, there's a section for "Cams," which are live cameras stationed around the French Quarter. The 'Karaoke Cam' is live from the Cat's Meow, so you can see what you're in for! It's lots of fun.

By the way, since you mentioned a jazz cruise, let me make one more recommendation. There is a wonderful jazz club very close to the hotel. It's called The Bombay Club, and it's in the Prince Conti Hotel. When you step outside the Holiday Inn, turn left, then take the first right onto Conti Street. The hotel is right there on the corner. The club is known for its martinis--I think they have about 80 different ones. It's a good place to just sit, relax, have a few drinks, and take in some nice jazz.

If you need any more info, let me know!

~Ashley

Ashley, Thank you so much for the great info. I'll try to post a review on this board when we return. I don't know the names of the restaurants yet since others are doing the planning but it sounds like you can't go wrong down there. And we all love to eat too! Thanks again!

BoysSkiMom

Homelines Atlantic 8/88

Norwegian Seaward 3/89

Celebrity Galaxy 4/00

RCI Enchantment 11/00

Celebrity Summit 4/04

Archived