Location of cabins

smilygirl

I keep reading cons of having a cabin above/below clubs, dining rooms, etc. but how can I tell where these rooms are located? We booked our trip online, so we don't have a TA to ask.

Look at the deck layout diagrams for your ship. Use the elevators as a reference.

If you tell us your ship and cabin number we can give more specific advice.

Also, keep in mind the reasons these rooms are a "con" and decide if they apply to you. If you're out partying until the wee hours of morning, then having a room below a club will not be an issue to you. If you aren't trying to take a nap during meal times, being above or below a dining area won't be an issue for you. If you like to sleep in, being above or below an area where docking activity is being placed may be an inconvenience.

You pay for your location on the ship. Some people are willing to have a minor inconvenience to save a few bucks. Others will pay more for close to certain amenities.

Any room on the ship is better than being at home!

But, if you have more specific questions, calling Princess directly will get you the answers that you are looking for.

I don't agree with JCButtefly about phoning Princess to get the correct answer.

You are liable to get a "valley girl" who has never seen the ocean, let alone been on a Princess ship!

You are a lot better off with a brochure and/or a good travel agent.

SmilyGirl: On the deck above your cabins are more cabins. Below you is the Promenade Deck, and you appear to be over the outside promenade, a service area and part of Sabbatini's. I wouldn't think you'd hear any noise at all. If it were me, I'd not hesitate in booking those cabins.

Here's a link to the deck plans on Princess.com:

http://www.princess.com/ships/cb/deck/cb_sky_index.html

Hope this helps.

Whenever I book a cruise I always have the "deck plans" link on my computer open so that I can actually see where my cabin is located and what is above me or below me.

While you have the TA or Princess on the phone check for elevators; public areas; dining areas and look at the huge blank spaces that are near you. These can be "service" areas or crew cabins. Ask what they are....it could affect the noise you'll be subjected to.

Have a wonderful cruise.....you'll be "hooked" on that wonderful feeling you get when you look at the distant horizons or smell the sea or see dolphins or whales frolicking in the ocean beneath you! :)

Archived