Cabin Night Dinner Theatre or Palace Theatre and dinner in Fairbanks?

cokecolect

There is a Cabin Night Dinner theatre with a buffet bar-b-Q in Denali and there is also a Palace Theatre Golden Heart Review Show and an Alaska Salmon Bake Dinner in Fairbanks as well. Any advice as to which one is the better show and dinner to go to? Only want to do one. Any advice is welcome! Leaving for RCCL land tour/cruise on 7/1.

Thanks

Bruce

I have been to both. I give an edge to Fairbanks. BUT, I am first in line at their salmon bake. It gets OVER RUN with bus after bus after bus, if you go later. Far better when there is some space and you can easily get to your table and through lines. The show is excellent and well done.

Cabin night's show is also excellent, this is a good consideration, IF you have a toursaver coupon, only way I go.

I would go where you have the time.

I have been to both. I give an edge to Fairbanks. BUT, I am first in line at their salmon bake. It gets OVER RUN with bus after bus after bus, if you go later. Far better when there is some space and you can easily get to your table and through lines. The show is excellent and well done.

Cabin night's show is also excellent, this is a good consideration, IF you have a toursaver coupon, only way I go.

I would go where you have the time.

Cokecolect, hope you don't mind me jumping in to ask a different type of question....

BQ, can you tell me how the Cabin Nite meal served? Is it just 'trays / bowls' of different things passed around and everyone helps themselves or is each dinner plated and then handed out?

I would love to experience the show but I'm a strict vegetarian and am wondering if there will be anything suitable to eat?

Thanks!

We were at the Cabin Night Dinner for their 5:30 seating on 5/31/07. It was sold out in advance of our arrival for that seating. The food was excellent. It is served family style and is all you can eat. I believe that the menu was ribs, salmon, baked beans, corn on the cob, biscuits, salad, and an awesome berry cobbler. It included tea and coffee. They do have a complete bar in case you want cocktails or wine with your dinner. The entertainment was fun and wholesome.

In case you need a lunch place at Denali, I just recalled that there is a pizza place between the Princess Lodge and McKinley Chalets that was pretty good. The pizzas are large and they had several vegetarian options. We had lunch there on June 1 before our Tundra Wilderness Tour. We made the mistake of each couple ordering a medium pizza and there was lots leftover. It was delish!

We were there 2 sumnmers ago. It was a fun evening, but it really reminded me of that Whoop Dee Do Review in Disney world at the Wilderness Lodge in Orlando. It was almost the same menu and the same kind of country style stories, although these were changed to be Alaskan!

I don't think I would go back to either show.

We didn't go to the Palace Theater in Fairbanks, but we did go to the Salmon bake in Pioneer Park. It was great and not at all crowded when we were there (about 7:30 p.m. on Saturday night). We also enjoyed just looking around Pioneer Park and riding on their little train.

Also ate at the pizza place at the Denali Princess and thought it was excellent (of course we were starved after being on the Toklat shuttlebus for 7 hours--our driver was in no hurry--and walking back to the lodge from the Wilderness Access Center) ;)

I'm still undecided as to whether we should go or not - not sure if the veggie dishes would still be completely veggie by the time they are passed down the line?? (ie forks etc. getting mixed up and 'bits' being where they shouldn't - no flames please - it's not anyones 'fault' just my preference not to eat it if this happened)..

plantlady & yearcruiser - thanks for the tip on lunch - hubby loves a good pizza! (I'm not too fussed - as along with no meat I don't eat cheese either and pizzas with no cheese just aren't too exciting .... I am a fussy git arent I:o ).

Archived