Debark or Disembark?

MARRIEDATSEA

I am a member of P.E.T.A you know (no, not the "ethical" one ;)

I'm a member of P.E.T.A. also

Prefer

Eating

tasty

Animals;)

I hope they never come visit Alaska, they would probably have a heart attack:eek:

Subject-----Disembark, debark, disembarkation, it's all the same thing.

All of the men in my family hunt. They not only enjoy it as a sport, but eat the animals they hunt. Making disparaging remarks about people who do the same is showing ignorance of a lifestyle different from one's own. BTW, I love venison, quail and pheasant (and mine don't come under glass)! ;)

I'm a member of P.E.T.A. also

Prefer

Eating

tasty

Animals;)

I've also heard it as:

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

The poster who had the problem with the hunting photos (which were really none of their business to comment on, IMO) would probably REALLY hate me. DH and I are ranchers raising beef cattle. :p

Back to topic: debark, disembark ~ same thing. I PREFER embark, embarkation, gettin on da ship. ;)

The poster who had the problem with the hunting photos (which were really none of their business to comment on, IMO) would probably REALLY hate me. DH and I are ranchers raising beef cattle. :p

Know what ya mean, i'm from Alaska and raised my kids on everything from bear to crab, yes, hunted it, shot it & ate it:p

Had a huge smoker in our yard and what we didn't cook, we smoked.

I've also heard it as:

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

Back to topic: debark, disembark ~ same thing. I PREFER embark, embarkation, gettin on da ship. ;)

Sue, just curious. Which breed? I'm also in the beef industry but in a different capacity. Could be a small world! ;)

Know what ya mean, i'm from Alaska and raised my kids on everything from bear to crab, yes, hunted it, shot it & ate it. Had a huge smoker in our yard and what we didn't cook, we smoked.

wow! i never wld have guessed that a poster w/ the screen name caribbean dreams was from alaska, of all places.:D cool.:cool:

...There was a poster here a couple years ago that used the term "dismemberment."

:eek:. wonder if this is same guy who (according to another CC member) told the crew that his favorite condiment was "trojan" during the not so newlywed game.

Shooters:p

lush:p

wow! i never wld have guessed that a poster w/ the screen name caribbean dreams was from alaska, of all places.:D cool.:cool:

I loved Alaska but when i devorced, i wanted a new start so i drug my kids to California, It's not the same as Alaska, took me awhile to get used to how rude the people here could be. (wouldn't understand unless you lived there) Here ya carry a gun, your probably gonna soot somebody, In Alaska, you would pick up a hitch hiker packin a gun without a second thought.

Sue, just curious. Which breed? I'm also in the beef industry but in a different capacity. Could be a small world! ;)

Mixture of Brangus and Beefmaster, mostly. Used to use Beefmaster bulls, but now have switched over to all Brangus bulls. Nice to find a fellow Beef Industry person on CC! :)

ya know, i actually missed that thread, saw only OP's post and barking owl's, i think (thank you BO;)), b/c i replied, then went to read other posts, and it was gone. good thing, i suppose.

Yeah I would say it's a good thing LOL!;)

Back to topic.......I always debark....I think:p

And yes I eat animals.....well some:cool:

Know what ya mean, i'm from Alaska and raised my kids on everything from bear to crab, yes, hunted it, shot it & ate it:p

Had a huge smoker in our yard and what we didn't cook, we smoked.

Get outta here?! I'm a native as well.

This thread should be retitled.

Hunting while Debarking??

Debarking: Ships or Trees in Forests With Wild Animals?

Thread Hijacking

Online Etiquette for Arguments

etc.

:) Shay

I usually call the process of getting off the ship "debarkation"...but when I am getting off the ship, I "disembark."

I don't know why; it just "sounds" better to me, somehow.

Good to know that either is acceptable and won't get you konked on the head like calling a ship a "boat" will!

Where from?

I lived in the Auke Bay area (Juneau), worked on Douglas.

From the interior...banks of the Chena River ;)

Archived