Coffee Onboard?

sharp_cruiser

I found a link somewhere on this site discussing coffee onboard ships. It seems to be different depending on which ship you are on. I thought coffee was included in the price, but then I saw a price list with coffee for a charge! (Princess?)

So tell me please! Do I have to pay for coffee? Only outside of meals? Is it even any good?

I am speaking of plain old coffee, not the fancy coffee house ones like a Starbuck's or something like that, which I understand some ships have for a charge, understandably.

Thanks for all your help!

Long time since my Princess cruise....but I'm pretty sure your regular coffee would not come w/a price. I've never heard of any lines that charge for coffee except the 'specialty coffee bars'. Carnival even has comp espresso and cappuccino in the dining room at all meals!:)

You might have better luck asking on the Princess board.

Our last Princess cruise was about 18 months ago. Coffee was complimentary in the dining rooms, buffets and room service. Specialty coffees such as cappucino, expresso, etc. in the dining rooms came with a charge of about $2.50 each and there were specialty coffee bars with a similar charge.

Dianne

I found a link somewhere on this site discussing coffee onboard ships. It seems to be different depending on which ship you are on. I thought coffee was included in the price, but then I saw a price list with coffee for a charge! (Princess?)

So tell me please! Do I have to pay for coffee? Only outside of meals? Is it even any good?

I am speaking of plain old coffee, not the fancy coffee house ones like a Starbuck's or something like that, which I understand some ships have for a charge, understandably.

Thanks for all your help!

Coffee is included with meals and at the buffet at all times. If you want an espresso or a cappuccino, that is usually extra except at the dining room with a few of the lines (NCL comes to mind).

Many of the cruise lines make their coffee from coffee extract (just like Burger King and many other fast food restaurants.) It saves them enormously on the garbage (remember, they must pay to off load their trash, the less trash, the cheaper). A few use real grounds to make their coffee (RCL does). There are other places on the ship where you will need to pay for coffee, like a bar or a café. They generally also serve fancier and sometimes brand name coffee. For example on RCL they serve Seattle's Best (which is actually owned by Star Bucks)

Coffee tastes vary. My husband finds all the coffees to be weak... or basically the word coffee whispered over brown water. Many people find it acceptable, many don't. For Europeans, the coffee is definitely considered weak. If you are Canadian, you will be dreaming of a nice cup of Tim's. But for the most part, it's acceptable, especially when adulterated. (Coffee, soft serve ice cream and you have a nice dessert drink).

Archived