Customs on Southbound Cruise? In Alaska?

sharp_cruiser

I am wondering what the process is for boarding a southbound cruise out of Seward or Whittier going to Vancouver. Do you have to do some kind of customs clearing before you board? I think one member of our party is not supposed to enter Canada, so I am hoping to use the southbound cruise and use the US direct service to go directly to my plane in Vancouver, to skirt this issue. Is there a chance he would be banned from boarding the ship even in Alaska since it is destined to land in Canada?

Does anyone know who I can call to confirm this? Customs or someplace I'm guessing?

If you leave out of Alaska and you are going to US ports then you don't clear customs until you come into Vancouver.

US Direct is not available on all cruiselines. Carnival has it for those leaving on a cruise out of Vancouver - but not for those coming into Vancouver to fly home. Check with the cruiseline.

Archived