Carnival Weddings HELP!!

ashleyrae911

I have been going back and forth with the idea of possibly getting married on board a Carnival ship. Of course it would be out of New Orleans, probably on the Fantasy. I have soooo soooo many questions about Cruise weddings with Carnival. Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciate. I am looking at booking the Deluxe Romance Package.

1: Does anyone know if you have music at the reception. so that You can have your first dance as husband and wife, father-daughter dance, etc?

2: Can you do upgrades on the cake if needed? (like to serve more guest)

3: How long do your non-sailing guests get to stay at the wedding/reception?

4: Who should pay for the extra guest, ie: our sailing guest have agreed to pay the 24.00 per person to attend (just added to their trip cost). So should we ask our non-sailing guest to pay for the 24.00 per person fee. Or should we take care of that?

5: Does anyone know what kind of Hor' dorves, and alcohol is served during the 1.5 hour reception?

6: how far in advance should you book you wedding and cruise?

That is a few questions that i have for now. Any one with any information please respond it will be greatly appreciated. I would also love to see some pictures if anyone has any to share.

:) :) Thanks after i posted here i realized that and i posted it there too, and i kinda went through the posting that were already there but no one really has any information about Carnival Weddings!!!!!

but thank you!!

I have been going back and forth with the idea of possibly getting married on board a Carnival ship. Of course it would be out of New Orleans, probably on the Fantasy. I have soooo soooo many questions about Cruise weddings with Carnival. Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciate. I am looking at booking the Deluxe Romance Package.

1: Does anyone know if you have music at the reception. so that You can have your first dance as husband and wife, father-daughter dance, etc?

4: Who should pay for the extra guest, ie: our sailing guest have agreed to pay the 24.00 per person to attend (just added to their trip cost). So should we ask our non-sailing guest to pay for the 24.00 per person fee. Or should we take care of that?

5: Does anyone know what kind of Hor' dorves, and alcohol is served during the 1.5 hour reception?

That is a few questions that i have for now. Any one with any information please respond it will be greatly appreciated. I would also love to see some pictures if anyone has any to share.

I got married on the Triumph last August. I would do it all over again. It was awesome. To answer some of your questions.

Yes you can pay for a DJ and have the dances you wish

I am pretty sure you can upgrade the cake

Your guests can stay for the entire reception.

We had an open bar. I can't remember what Hor' dorves we had, but I do remember they were good

We booked ours about a year in advance. I'm sure the earlier the better.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions

The only questions that weren't really answered are:

You non-sailing guests will get to stay onboard until approximately 1-1 1/2 hours prior to sailing.

If you have invited guest, who will not sail with you, you should pay for them as you would at a regular wedding reception. IMHO, you should pay for those that are sailing with you (the reception part). You would normally incur this expense at a traditional wedding reception and your sailing guests have already spent considerable money.

I have checked into booking a wedding cruise 10-12 months out and they were unavailable, so the sooner the better. Have alternate dates available, in case your original date is not available and be prepared to deposit immediately.

Archived