What perks do you get when you book a group of eight rooms?

My family has eight rooms booked and I called the groups depertment at rccl and they closed at 7. Missed them by 2 hours, and they don't open til monday. So can any of you experts out there tell me what you get for a group of eight rooms. Someone in my family thought someone goes for free but I can't find anything out. Thanks for all the help!!

For 8 cabins you will get one person for free not cabin as long as YOU BOOKED them all at one time. You can't book 6 and then 2 more a week later. They must all be booked at the exact same time. Hope that helps.

Mine you that is just the cruise part for free for one person. The rate shown on the RCI site include port fees, which are not included and are about $50 per port, so if the rate shown is say $469, about $300 would be free for one person. Iv seen a couple posts where folks did not realize the rate on the RCI site included port fees which are not free and were all upset and felt cheated.

Its also for the type of cabin you booked the most of. So if 3 are inside, 2 ov, 2 balconys and 1 suite, you would get the cruise part of only a inside cabin.

If you booked them as individual bookings - you won't get any perks. They need to be booked as a group. If your not currently booked as a group - set a group up and then move your existing bookings into the group space. Then you will be able to get however many "points" are on the sailing -- anywhere from zero to 8 (could be more...). The points are what you use to buy the perks --- strawberries, champagne, bathrobes, onboard credit,etc. Once you book 8 cabins/16 guests (only counting the first 2 in each cabin) - you are able to get 1 free passenger -- but, as stated above - only the cruise fare (not the port charges or the taxes).

Have a fun cruise!

Everyone posted great advice above, just also know that free usually means that all your cabins are actually paid in full, but you will receive money back after sailing. Also, it might be that the first person in the ninth cabin goes 'free'...just be sure to clarify the exact numer of cabins needed (it's different with every cruiseline or how points are used). Good luck!

I have booked for a group and would prefer to do it individually. You do get one cruise fare free-as others stated, the fare only. When booking, one person is in charge of all the bookings and any questions or changes that need to be made will be made by only that person. That part was a pain in the butt for me and not worth the $175.00 they credited for my fare.

As people noted above, for 8 cabins you will get one berth (cruise fare only) of the prevailing cabin type. This means you pay for 15 berths (assuming double occupancy) you get one "free." You do pay for ALL of the berths up front and the the tour conductor credit comes a number of weeks after your cruise. It *is* possible to get the tour conductor credit for a batch of individual reservations that are later aggregated into a group, but it takes a persistent and cooperative TA to stay on top of RCCL to get it done. The rebate is for the cruise fare only, and does not include taxes, port fees, or gratuities.

In addition to the tour conductor credit, your sailing MAY qualify for GAP (Group Amenity Points) - the number of GAP points will vary by sailing and could be zero. You use these points to purchase amenities for your group, like goodie trays, etc. I believe that you must be a "real" group (booked at group rates) in order to get GAP points.

Also, if memory serves correct, you pay your tips when you do your booking.

Have group booking through RCCl and if we pre pay tips then we all have to do at same time they told me or not at all. Have not done so yet, so not necessary to do at time of booking.

I, as the group leader have to send in all the insurance payments by check to Berkely. I can send in partial lists with a check. Does not all have to be done at same time. Cannot be done by individual group members.

Individual payments toward a cruise can be done at any time by each member, does not have to be by group leader.

We get 4 GAP(Group Amenities Points) toward an inventory item from wine to slippers to free meal at restaurant. It is confusing yet to me because for instance if one person in the cabin takes a robe the other can't. Will need to research this more.

Most of our cabins are E2 so complimentary berth is worth $840.00.(Total price with taxes were $1043.81 for the E2 cabin)

Group number is 800-238-0166.

Good luck and enjoy..

Have group booking through RCCl and if we pre pay tips then we all have to do at same time they told me or not at all. Have not done so yet, so not necessary to do at time of booking.

I, as the group leader have to send in all the insurance payments by check to Berkely. I can send in partial lists with a check. Does not all have to be done at same time. Cannot be done by individual group members.

Individual payments toward a cruise can be done at any time by each member, does not have to be by group leader.

We get 4 GAP(Group Amenities Points) toward an inventory item from wine to slippers to free meal at restaurant. It is confusing yet to me because for instance if one person in the cabin takes a robe the other can't. Will need to research this more.

Most of our cabins are E2 so complimentary berth is worth $840.00.(Total price with taxes were $1043.81 for the E2 cabin)

Group number is 800-238-0166.

Good luck and enjoy..

This is confusing to me. I have a group book with Carnival and the tips and insurance can be purchase at anytime by the individual.

This is confusing to me. I have a group book with Carnival and the tips and insurance can be purchase at anytime by the individual.

Not with RCCL.

I have already submitted a list and sent in a check for some members of the group for insurance. Can not purchase individually in RCCL group.

That is what they told me about tipping. Have not discussed with group yet.

One thing I have learned is that everyone will tell you different stories.

I have even heard conflicting info from group reps themselves. So I go with the flow as much as possible.

Group phone # is different and they are only open M-F during the day.

Hope all is explained to you tomorrow..Good Luck...Laura

Archived