How long does the bungee cord need to be?

moxie07

Longer than the one we took, lol. I grabbed one out of the cannister and I think it was about 12 inches and hubby had to make a makeshift bungee door holder with the bungee and two of the free lanyards we were given at the Purser's desk. I'd suggest a bungee 18-24 inches at least.

Longer than the one we took, lol. I grabbed one out of the cannister and I think it was about 12 inches and hubby had to make a makeshift bungee door holder with the bungee and two of the free lanyards we were given at the Purser's desk. I'd suggest a bungee 18-24 inches at least.

Thank you. I was afraid of that. The one I picked up today was around 12 inches long and my DW said "no no no", ask the good people on cruisecritic about that one. Again thanks.

I used a 10 foot one.....and the people on the balcony (three decks below mine) were really suprised when I ended up on their balcony.....

But, they gave me a beer.......

BUNGEEEEEEEEEEE..............:eek: :D :eek: :D

I used a 10 foot one.....and the people on the balcony (three decks below mine) were really suprised when I ended up on their balcony.....

But, they gave me a beer.......

BUNGEEEEEEEEEEE..............:eek: :D :eek: :D

Were you wearing your pink Mary Janes at the time?

Dan

FYI, we were just on the Destiny last week and if you open those balcony doors more than about 3/4 of the way, the door stays open.

However, caveat, Carnival does not want you to leave the door open. The first day, our room was like a refrigerator and DW who gets very cold easily was freezing. So we turned the AC all the way down, went to dinner and the muster drill, came back and it was still blowing out a lot of cold air. We don't turn it completely off because I can't stand it too hot (I get heat stroke very easily). So, we called maintenance and propped the balcony door open to equalize. The maintenance guy came and lowered the blower to a reasonable level which worked for the rest of the cruise, but he told us we cannot leave the door propped open and gave us a hard time about it.

So beware, they don't like it (it costs them a lot of energy fuel when balcony doors are propped open).

LOL, good come back....... What beer did they give you??? And were they wearing crocs?? or just one croc?

Dan

They gave me a Foster's and I had the "Croc" under my arm......Good Day.....Mate.....:D ;)

OK...let's try this.....

You open the balcony door to make the room not so cool. Ships are designed with an airflow pattern. If you notice in the front cabin door there is a vent. If you open the balcony door the air from the ship is going out not in because of air pressure. So.....more cold air (from halls and other cabins) is being sucked through your cabin(from vent in door) than if you left the door on the balcony closed and waited an hour or two after the air was adjusted.

There was a sign in our cabin on the Miracle that said if the balcony door is open, the AC does not blow. We were not wasting the AC. Also, our door wouldn't stay open as someone above posted. I will say tho that if the balcony door was open, it was nearly impossible to open the cabin door. As it was, the cabin door was hard enough to open. My 10 yr old could barely pull it open. He could push it easier but from the inside getting out, he had some trouble. Better start some strength training!

Archived