What to do when first boarding

Thank you, thank you. I do that everytime,:D and people think I am nuts. and do not forget the little tables beside the bed. and give the sink a rinse. I know you are on vacation but it is my health and some people are not the cleanest ( in my opinion):o and also check the bedding, I have gotten blond hair and other things on my bedding etc., no biggey just ask for a change. They cabin person have just so many minutes to clean a cabin for the next set of visitors.

Just curious...I plan on doing this...but don't you need to do this everyday? I would think they use the same rags room to room...so to stay clean, wouldn't you need to do this quickly every day? I can't imagine this taking more than a couple of minutes. Please don't think I'm a clean freak, I'm far from it!

Just curious...I plan on doing this...but don't you need to do this everyday? I would think they use the same rags room to room...so to stay clean, wouldn't you need to do this quickly every day? I can't imagine this taking more than a couple of minutes. Please don't think I'm a clean freak, I'm far from it!

Others have posted about the rag thing....with the CDC involved in cruise infection control I have a hard believing that they bring the rag from one cabin to another.

Hospitals have to follow universal precautions - where you assume that everyone has an infectious disease. I can't believe the CDC would allow them to do that. Perhaps they use disposable rags. Or maybe they have your rag in a plastic bag..... seems to me that having noro on a ship is so expensive and time consuming for the cruiseline (not to mention very bad PR) that they would not take such a risk.

I am usually one of the last passangers to board the ship. This time I will be ready to board with the first passangers. Is there anything to do when you first board becides looking around:rolleyes: [ We have 9 days to do that!!] :rolleyes:espically f your room is not ready.:eek::eek:

Thanks

July 6th Explorer of the seas

Usually the rooms are ready when you start boarding. We have boarded early on all of our previous sailings and never had to wait for the room to be ready. If it is not ready or after you drop everything off in the room go to the main deck grab something to eat and a drink then find a prime seat and let the good times roll.

1) Avoid the crowd at Windjammer, and go to Sorrento's in the Royal Promenade for an early lunch.

2) Hope that our cabin is available so that we can drop off our hand baggage, change our little one (she's 1 year old tomorrow), and view the Miami skyline from our Balcony.

3) Arrange for a babysitter for two evenings, so the wife and I can have some quality time at Chops / Portofino.

4) Make reservations, one night at Chops and one night at Portofino (gee, couldn't see that coming, right?)

5) Explore the flow-rider...gotta try that once, even though I'm as uncoordinated as a mule

6) Spa appointments, as well as one for an old fashioned straight-edge shave at the barber on the Royal Promenade.

7) Oh, did I mention getting a glass of wine at Vintages?

8) Muster Drill

9) Champagne and Strawberries for the wife and me, a bottle of milk for our daughter, on our balcony as we toast our trip at sail-away.

Michael

LETS SEE.

lets see check out room.. remove swimwear from carryon .. hit the deck to see who can get there first with drink of the day in hand !!( we usually let Dad win so he can buy the first round !!!) He then bonds with the cocktail waiters so we dont wait for a drink the rest of the cruise ( comes in handy when those waiters are working the shows at nite )

Make your specialty restaurant appointments, any spa appointments. Bring bathing suit in carry on, grab a drink and sit by the pool.

Ditto!!! :D :D :D

Enjoy your cruise!

I agree with Gonzo and Joedog: I try to do the ship pix then as I don't want to carry the camera all over the place later in the cruise. Then is a good time to try the eats in the Promenade on Voyager and Freedom class also. They tend to be better at the first part of the cruise. Pizza...yummmmmmm. There's enough time to sit and have a drink or latte in promenade too and watch people come onboard. If its raining and you can't poolside. And we usually meet up in the unofficial M&M at Skybar right b4 sailaway. Remember not to hurry for Muster unless you want to be suffocated in the rear of the lines. We show up on time, just not early. Did that on 1st cruise, never again. Also wait to put on your MaeWest until you get down to the muster station unless you want a tumble down the stairs. I like being in the front. Sorry guys:o

We were among the first 20 to board Majesty last May. After eating at the Windjammer with no lines we toured the ship and were able to get a lot of pictures with no other people in them. On Webshots you can search for Majesty of the Seas and see them.

You bet. I sure do:D , my answer was to the "what you do on the first day. If you have a gentle talk to the room person you can get things done :cool: .

Archived