5019 on qe2

seabourndt

anyone have pictures or been in this cabin

dave

Dave, I had 5019 for the 28 night Southern Delights voyage to the central Caribbean last Nov-Dec. I liked the cabin, and I hope you do too. Whilst not the largest MO, at 106 sq ft, it was comfortable and I came to enjoy it more as the voyage progressed. The cover was placed over the porthole for the first two nights due to inclement weather on the Atlantic, but remained open for the remainder of the voyage. It was a complimentary ‘’upgrade’’ by Cunard for booking this voyage early, some18 months in advance, and passengers were accorded an automatic upgrade, that is from inside to out, or from the highest of one grade to the lowest of the next. I have tended to travel MI for, although I may well afford higher accommodations, I prefer to sail more often with the resultant savings.

Whilst the deck plan shows that the bibby corridor goes to the hull, in effect it does not. The corridor stops immediately after the entrance to your cabin and directly opposite the entrance to 5025. In any case, as you enter the cabin, there is a wardrobe immediately to your right. Pass the wardrobe and turn right, approx three to four feet ahead of you is a chest of four drawers which is set under the porthole. To the left is the bed and you sleep head to starboard, feet to port. I thought this may be a little strange, but became accustomed to it rather quickly, even with the ocean slapping against the hull during the stormy weather. Adjacent to the foot of your bed is a second wardrobe in which is located the safe. Have you become giddy yet from my description? Using a clock face, enter and walk to the centre of the cabin from a position of 6:00. There is a wardrobe at 5:00, the chest of drawers under the porthole at 3:00, the head of the bed is at 2:00, the foot of the bed at 12:00, another wardrobe at 11:00 and the door to the bathroom at 9:00. Entering the bathroom the sink is to the right; the lavatory to the left and the shower stall adjacent to it.

I’m sorry I do not have a photograph for you as these are in my holiday home in in Malta and I’m presently at home in Australia. Whilst I will be in Malta and The Hague for the months of Aug and Sep I will return here in Oct and fly out again Christmas night for what now is the final world cruise from S’ton to S’ton and for which I have the same MI cabin as the world in 2006. So we may well meet on that WCC westbound crossing. I hope so and I do hope this helps as well.

Leone

Archived