New York For A First Timer...

josephml1

why thank ya Got2Cruise! just for the record...i totally support staying in NYC. but alas...you know the rest...

I totally understand staying in NJ. . .when my dd was a girlscout they had a trip to NYC, but they wanted to stay in a hotel with a pool, so we ended up staying in NJ, and it wasn't close in, either, it was at least 30 minutes by charter bus. (we could have slept at home, lol) The girls would have loved walking around Times Square at night instead of going in the pool, but some of the LI moms didn't think it was safe.:rolleyes:

I am going to be checking this board, to see how Joe is making out. I want him to have a great time.:)

ok...here is the skinny on my latest info. i called the La Quinta hotel for you.

Thank you very much i really apreaciate your help in all this matter...

Your information is going to be very usefull...

I have a reservation alredy and i will follow your opinion to keep looking for an hotel in NY.

Thank you very much.

:) :) :) :)

Joe, Did you chose a play yet? Go to Playbill.com Which do you prefer-- musicals, comedies, or serious drama?

I am choosing between this Broadway plays:

THE LION KING, THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, LES MISERABLES, do you have another opinion about a good one???

I already see the phantom, wicked and blue man group.

Also i am looking for an opera in the MET, but the tickets is going to be on sale in August.

:)

I am choosing between this Broadway plays:

THE LION KING, THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, LES MISERABLES, do you have another opinion about a good one???

I already see the phantom, wicked and blue man group.

Also i am looking for an opera in the MET, but the tickets is going to be on sale in August.

Beauty and the Beast is closing at the end of July. The Lion King is a wonderful play. I've never been a huge fan of Les Miz.

Others I would recommend include The Drowsy Chaperone (funny, light-hearted) and Avenue Q (witty, topical).

Beauty and the Beast is closing at the end of July. The Lion King is a wonderful play. I've never been a huge fan of Les Miz.

Others I would recommend include The Drowsy Chaperone (funny, light-hearted) and Avenue Q (witty, topical).

I think everyone should see Les Miz at least once. Avenue Q, I enjoyed, but Joe if you will not appreciate adult situations involving muppets then it might not be the play for you. Grease is going to open soon, Spelling Bee is funny and you can get discounts, basically I like practically every Broadway show. There is just one show I disliked -- Rent.

I am thinking in the Lion King...

Thanks for the advice.

I think everyone should see Les Miz at least once. Avenue Q, I enjoyed, but Joe if you will not appreciate adult situations involving muppets then it might not be the play for you. Grease is going to open soon, Spelling Bee is funny and you can get discounts, basically I like practically every Broadway show. There is just one show I disliked -- Rent.

What do you think about tarzan and mary poppins?

I have personally never used Priceline but why not try it? A lot of people on these boards seem to have used it with success. That might be your only way of staying in Manhattan for $150 a night. It seems to me that some of the hotels you are mentioning here are very far out of the city and not an easy commute in.

I used Priceline for our trip to NY last Xmas. I got the 4* Hilton opposite Radio City Music Hall. It cost a $100..a real bargain. It is worth learning how to use it. I have used for every hotel that I've booked in the past 5 years.

I used Priceline for our trip to NY last Xmas. I got the 4* Hilton opposite Radio City Music Hall. It cost a $100..a real bargain. It is worth learning how to use it. I have used for every hotel that I've booked in the past 5 years.

I read something about how to use priceline, but how soon do you need to make a reservation to get good prices, like you do with the hilton???

I read something about a week before your stay?

Thanks.

We're going to see Spamalot. Have seen the Lion King, which we loved. I grew up in Kenya. We also loved Les Miserables. Haven't seen Beauty and the Beast, but it is supposed to be very good.

Have a great time.

Thanks for the advice...:) :) :) :)

I read something about how to use priceline, but how soon do you need to make a reservation to get good prices, like you do with the hilton???

Thanks.

I have used Priceline on numerous occasions. Best to go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com and study up on how to use it. I have been successful as early as 6 months out. Presently I am trying for a hotel in New Jersey about 10 months out. Doesn't hurt to try.

I absolutely love Les Mis and have seen it performed 4 times.. cannot get enought of Jean Valjean and 'can you hear the people sing; :) I hope to see Phantom this time on Broadway.

Thanks.

I got that 3 months before. As Emmy says, you must read BiddingForTravel. I also, always book a canceable reservation somewhere else. This way you won't get stressed by bidding.

if you see Lion King....keep an eye on the center aisle!!!!

Curtains was great, Jersey Boys (if you can get a ticket) and Legally Blonde were also good. And don't forget Phantom of the Opera if you've never seen it or Wicked. Tarzan is closing and was one of the dullest Disney shows I ever saw.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is a TKTS booth in Times Square where you can get same day tickets for many shows for half price.

???

the mastery of costume design and puppetry is what makes the animals come alive on stage. JUST GLANCE AT THE CENTER AISLE EVERY OTHER SECOND during the opening song Circle of Life.

Name your favorite broadway show...

Only One. and why...

My favorite show of all time was Les Miz. That being said, I saw the recent production, and it does not measure up to the original. So, my vote goes to. . . .

The Lion King . . .

why? because the scope of the costumes, the dancing, the spectacle, is something you can only experience in person on Broadway. It appeals to all of your senses, no matter what your age.:) Order the ticket now if you want to go, you won't find discounts to the LK.

My favorite show of all time was Les Miz. That being said, I saw the recent production, and it does not measure up to the original. So, my vote goes to. . . .

The Lion King . . .

why? because the scope of the costumes, the dancing, the spectacle, is something you can only experience in person on Broadway. It appeals to all of your senses, no matter what your age.:) Order the ticket now if you want to go, you won't find discounts to the LK.

too bad miss saigon is not on broadway anymore....now THERE'S a shocker to your senses...mmmmmmmmm...GiGi.

THE HEAT IS ON IN SAIGON!

The Lion King . . .

Good question since I hope to attend a broadway show next April before sailing on Explorer.

I love Les Mis but have only seen it in Toronto but the actor Colm Wilkinson from the London version was there to play Jean Valjean. He was outstanding. I was first introduced to this play in San Francisco in 1990.

I can certainly see how The Lion King would be spectacular with the costumes.

I will be reading this thread with every ones opinions on their fav shows.

Name your favorite broadway show...

Only One. and why...

Only one? That's a very difficult question. My all-time favorites include West Side Story, My Fair Lady, Oklahoma, Fiddler on the Roof, Hello Dolly, The Music Man, and Cabaret. My favorite probably varies depending on my mood. But since you're pinning us down...

My favorite is West Side Story - great story, great songs, great choreography and highly emotional.

WHY IN OCTOBER IS SO HARD TO FIND AN HOTEL IN NY...ALL OF THEM ARE SO EXPENSIVE.

I will order tickets for the lion king, and when in NY maybe i wil see another play but i will try to find discount tickets.

KEEP YOUR OPINIONS COMMING...