Questions about the Captain's Party

moxie07

Hi All,

Please provide me with some details regarding the Captain's Party. We are sailing the Pride.

When is it? For how many hours? Is food provided and how much? I know about the open bar, but can you call your drink?

Thanks much

Hi All,

Please provide me with some details regarding the Captain's Party. We are sailing the Pride.

When is it? For how many hours? Is food provided and how much? I know about the open bar, but can you call your drink?

Thanks much

We were on the Miracle (sister ship to the Pride) and there are two Captain's parties. One for early seating and one for late. It is held in the main show lounge for about 45 minutes. They hand out drinks and hor's d'orvers (sp). If you don't like the drinks that they come around with, you can ask for whatever you want. The Captain makes a little speech and introduces his senior staff. It is very nice. It is on the second day which is the first formal night.

You can walk up to the bar and order whatever you want. I just got back from the Victory today. At the captain's party I had a Long Island Ice Tea made by the bar tender at my request. The before the party ended I ordered two more and it was not a problem. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Had a Blast. One of the most fun things. Free drinks of course. Got wasted in about 30 mins. Had 6-8 empty glasses in front of me. I made sure when the free drinks came by I made that dude leave the tray with me. Ha ha Ha.

Ya know, on all the cruises i have been on, the Captains Party has never been in the main show lounge, it's always been in the disco & 2 aft lounges. Makes it nice to have it broken up into 3 rooms.

Really? Not doubting you at all, but just wondering how the captain makes his way to all three lounges with his little welcome speech and introducing all his officers, etc? Seems they would be a little stretched hitting three lounges. Is there a band playing in each one? Just seems odd to me. All the ones I've been to have been in the main showlounge.

Really? Not doubting you at all, but just wondering how the captain makes his way to all three lounges with his little welcome speech and introducing all his officers, etc? Seems they would be a little stretched hitting three lounges. Is there a band playing in each one? Just seems odd to me. All the ones I've been to have been in the main showlounge.

You know, i think I remember a cruise where this happened... but I think the main deal was still in the Lounge, but others were spread in other lounges/bars... only those in the main show lounge heard the Captain, had the band, etc. But yes, most are in the main show lounge...

The past guest party is more frequently divided up between various lounges... I have seen that more than once.

Is it Adult only or are the kids invited too? If not, how do you attend if you got kids? Is Camp open at that hour(we requested late dinner)? Can we go to the early party while they are at Camp and then the late dinner seating?

On the Fantasy class ships the Captain's Party is held in the show lounge. There it is a little more difficult to get the special drinks that you want. The waiters have to empty their tray before they go back and then they have to make their way back to you. You also have to hope that nobody manages to snag your drink off the tray. A small tip goes a long way towards making this easier.

On the larger class ships the Captain's party is held in the back lounges. The main festivities take place in the larger back lounge. When you enter that is where the captain and staff will be. There will be drinks and food available in all the surrounding bars. This is where it is easier to get that special drink because you can go to the bar yourself. Once again a small tip is appropriate. We always take a pocket of ones with us to the parties. We always enjoy these parties because my daughter and I love to see how nicely everyone is dresses and the free drinks are not bad either. Cindy

on the Liberty last month the Captn. just walked around thru all the lounges shaking hands and posing for pictures.

Yep, that the way mine was on Carnival Liberty last month as well. Majority of passengers in aft lounge, and others in the neighboring lounge (where I understand smoking was to be allowed). Captain was outside the lounge area, so was accessible to passengers going into either room. Live group playing in the aft lounge, and canned music in the other. Two of these were held to work with both dining times.

Our Past Guest event was in the main show lounge, with everyone present at one time.

Is it Adult only or are the kids invited too? If not, how do you attend if you got kids?

All passengers are invited to the Captain's party.

Can we go to the early party while they are at Camp and then the late dinner seating?

I believe it's set up for the early diners to attend the early party (and early show after dinner)....and the late diners go to the late party and late show. That way, there's plenty of room for everyone at the right time.:)

Both of our Victory cruises have been this way with parties in the Irish Sea Lounge (Piano Bar), Black & Red Seas Lounge, and the more formal in the Adriatic Lounge. I found it strange as all the rest of the ships had been in the main show lounge where the nightly performances were.

In this last one, the Captain just strolled through the lounge, saying hello to folks as he went by. No formal intros of the staff at all. And there was a band in the two lounges with the pianist in the other. Still the same food and drinks for free! Not quite as formal, certainly, but we did actually shake the Captain's hand, which we don't always get to do in the larger settings.

.......but we did actually shake the Captain's hand, which we don't always get to do in the larger settings.

At each party I've attended, the Captain and Cruise Director have been standing at the door to the party, greeting/shaking hands with guests. I have a photo from each one of me, the Capt. and CD.

At each party I've attended, the Captain and Cruise Director have been standing at the door to the party, greeting/shaking hands with guests. I have a photo from each one of me, the Capt. and CD.

True enough, but if you enter the lounge from the top area (I believe Holiday and Celebration are the same setup?) then you miss the Captain!:(

The captain will come in each room for a few minutes and mingle, the 2 lounges have a live band and the disco plays music.

The disco is usually the less crowded so you can find a seat easily.

True enough, but if you enter the lounge from the top area (I believe Holiday and Celebration are the same setup?) then you miss the Captain!:(

Simple solution. Just enter the room at the bottom level. Your choice, y'know.:D

Archived