Hotel in Rome post-cruise

We are staying one night in Rome post-cruise. We have an early flight out the next morning (10:30am). We would like to find a hotel that is in the heart of the tourist attractions to increase the amount of time we have to tour. Can anyone recommend a good hotel? As well, can anyone recommend services for how we would get from the port to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the airport the next morning? How long of a drive would it be to the airport? Thanks for your help!!

:) :) hotel alimandi vaticano and hotel alimandi are family owned and run across the street from the vactican museum entrance,They provide free shuttle svc to and from the airport mon -sat only ..free buffet breakfast and taxes are included in their price ..we stayed at the hotel alimandi vaticano last year and we just loved it..it is quiet at night and a 10min walk to the hop on hop off bus too ..if you need their direct # let me know since the prices are cheaper if you book with them directl:) quote=cruiser7706;10618261]We are staying one night in Rome post-cruise. We have an early flight out the next morning (10:30am). We would like to find a hotel that is in the heart of the tourist attractions to increase the amount of time we have to tour. Can anyone recommend a good hotel? As well, can anyone recommend services for how we would get from the port to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the airport the next morning? How long of a drive would it be to the airport? Thanks for your help!!

That sounds great - we were thinking about doing the hop on hop off bus, since we don't have a lot of time in Rome, so that would work out perfectly. If you have a website and/or e-mail and/or phone number, I'd love to have it.

This is the link for the HoHo bus

http://www.roma.city-sightseeing.it/eng/index.htm

They have a nice map that shows the routes of the buses, that you can compare to the map on Venere for the location of the hotels.

If the Alimandi doesn't work out, you might look at

www.venere.com

They have a map and show you the hotels location on that map and the price of the hotel, etc. If you book through Venere, you sometimes have to give the credit card, but you don't pay until you check out of the hotel.

I found the hotels on Venere, then went to TripAdvisor to see what the reviews were. I haven't booked yet, as my cruise isn't until Oct '08 so won't be able to make reservations until at least Nov 22.

Have a great trip!

Archived